Help!

idnative1948

Cleaning out dad's gun closet and ran across his old 22-250. It is definitely a morphodite of some sort. Spanish Mauser 1893, bolt worked over, holes plugged in barrel, and grip moved, or added, barrel sleeved?. Just grabbed wifes camera at lunch, but couldn't figure the thing out. Will get my camera from her and try again tonight. In the mean time, thoughts on what this is....

if is says Mauser espanol 1893, then its a small ring '93 Mauser..not sure i'd want one in 22-250..Keep the loads light, the 93's-95's can be a liability..I have a 93 in 257 Roberts, its a nice shooting gun, just cant hot rod the older small rings.Most were built rebarreled into 250 savage or 257 Roberts, and loads kept light.

Dunno whats going on with the barrel plugs.

if is says Mauser espanol 1893, then its a small ring '93 Mauser..not sure i'd want one in 22-250..Keep the loads light, the 93's-95's can be a liability..I have a 93 in 257 Roberts, its a nice shooting gun, just cant hot rod the older small rings.Most were built rebarreled into 250 savage or 257 Roberts, and loads kept light.

Dunno whats going on with the barrel plugs.

Thanks for the update. This ugly 'ol thing has taken a ton of desert dogs since dad picked it up somewhere. Looks like it has had a real hack job done to it though. As to loads don't know what my cousin was setting him up with as he too, is longer with us. So any ideas on what to go with?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back