Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hello from Oregon, pronounced ORY-GUN !

Little Big Man MT Chris

hey everyone brand new here to hunt talk, just wanted to say hi ! just got back into hunting in 2013 at age 44, after growing up in Alaska hunting and fishing with dad as a young kid, tagged my first big game animal at 13, a caribou. its a long story how i missed out on 20 plus years of being in the woods, family hardship, life, marriage, divorce, etc etc.. found Randy's videos on youtube now here i am, looking forward to hunting as much as i can for the rest of my life and traveling to other states to hunt as well, wanna extend my seasons to make up for lost years of missing out on getting to hunt. happy 4th of July !!!!!!!!!

Welcome! Life does hand us a plate full does it not? I hunt and have hunted a couple of areas in Idaho, so will help where I can.

thanks i appreciate that, i have an uncle in idaho that lives in unit 1 i believe he lives up pack river rd out of sandpoint, it been years since i've been there, i want to go chase whitetails over there in 2017 or 2018, what do you know about that unit ? i would like to hunt the rut , oregon dosnt allow that.

All I know about Unit 1 is via some oldtimers I used to know from up there. Basically take your weapon, you lawn chair walk in on a trail away from roads and let people run them into you. One of the guys on here just moved up that way from out of state and might chime in with better intel.

thanks i appreciate that, i have an uncle in idaho that lives in unit 1 i believe he lives up pack river rd out of sandpoint, it been years since i've been there, i want to go chase whitetails over there in 2017 or 2018, what do you know about that unit ? i would like to hunt the rut , oregon dosnt allow that.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back