Hello from Nebraska

sekotscj

Hey, relatively new hunter here. I've been whitetail and turkey hunting for the last couple years in my home state of Nebraska and am looking to start venturing into more western hunting. I'm getting set up to hunt antelope and mule deer in Nebraska this fall with a pack on my back to start bridging the gap to hunting out west. Plus the price tags for non-residents are a little intimidating. I enjoy reading through these threads and soaking up all the knowledge I can!

Definitely take advantage of the opportunity you have in Nebraska with 2 deer tags, 7 turkely tags plus other hunting opportunities you have a lot. Apply for antelope, elk, and sheep every year. I'd recommend a cow tag so you can hunt elk more often. Archery hunt antelope or get a doe tag on years you don't draw, should be about every 4 depending on which unit. Hunt mule deer often. Let the sand hills kick your ass a few times.

Where all have you been so far?

Welcome. Don’t forget about elk if it’s on your list. Nebraska has some limited opportunities in the north western part of the state. My step father shot a cow elk out there last year. Good luck out in the sand hills, it’s a fun place to hunt mule deer.

Welcome! I hunt Antelope almost on the Nebraska boarder, so let me know if you have any questions, maybe I can help ya out.

Welcome! From Montana and stuck in Omaha. Let me know if you have any questions!

Where in Nebraska? It is an easy transition to hunt Wyoming. I can probably give you some pointers, if you have any questions. I have spent a lot of time out west of here.

Welcome. I currently live in Lincoln, grew up in south central Nebraska. Good luck on your hunts this year.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back