Hello from ND

kupper

hello everyone, long time creeper, first time poster. Ive been hunting in ND my entire life (which admittedly hasn't been long at 24 years old). I grew up on a ranch on the western side of the state and have been fortunate to live and hunt in fantastic muledeer country. I started rifle hunting at an extremely young age but more recently have grown an obsession for all things archery hunting. Over the years as Ive gained more knowledge and experience ive amassed quite a trophy room with several deer scoring over 170. While I still absolutely love hunting mule deer these past years have found my interests expanding to include elk. After years of watching bulls where I archery deer hunt I had the good fortune to draw a coveted bull elk tag for ND. I completely switched my summer scouting routine to be entirely elk focused. I set a lofty goal of killing a bull "330 or better with my bow, something that isn't often achieved in ND. I spent all but 6 days from july 1st to the start of season watching and patterning elk. I was able to harvest my first bull elk on September 10th of this past year with a bow and fulfill the goal I had set out with. I set a pretty high bar as far as topping this bull but nonetheless the fire has been lit. I have traveled further west on an elk hunt in the past and cant explain just how humbled hunting away from my home turf made me. This is what has brought me here, I am constantly trying to learn and share when I can. As with other hunting forums its great to have a place to spend time with others who share your same interests.

Thanks every one for the welcome! also glad to see that im not the only one from my neck of the woods.

Welcome from Jamestown! I like to get out to the Grassy Butte area once a year or every other area. I had my elk tag in 2013

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back