Hello from Idaho

aci07

Figured I would introduce myself. I didn't grow up hunting. I tried to do the self-taught thing, which amounted to hoping to get lucky. I finally had a friend take pity on me, and helped me get a 5 point elk, after that the world opened up to me. This last year I took a cow elk and 4x5 muley on a late season muzzy hunt. I still have tons to learn, but I'm at the point where I feel like I can be successful if I put in the time and work to get it done. Anyhow I'm here to learn, and willing to share what I know for what it's worth.

Welcome. You got any pics of those critters?

Muzzle loader hunts in ID are no joke. Usually really cold weather and they don’t allow much in the way of improvements. I think I would be more confident with my bow than with one of those.

Figured I would introduce myself. I didn't grow up hunting. I tried to do the self-taught thing, which amounted to hoping to get lucky. I finally had a friend take pity on me, and helped me get a 5 point elk, after that the world opened up to me. This last year I took a cow elk and 4x5 muley on a late season muzzy hunt. I still have tons to learn, but I'm at the point where I feel like I can be successful if I put in the time and work to get it done. Anyhow I'm here to learn, and willing to share what I know for what it's worth.
Welcome from Houston!

Welcome, I am also brand new to hunt talk and live/hunt Idaho. What part of Idaho are you from?

Found one of my muley. Both for the Cow and this muley I was within 100yrd. My old knights 54 is plain unreliable in the cold, so I got a new CVA this last year. Shot decent groups at 200yrds.... But I passed on some cows at 200- just didn't feel ethical about it they busted when I tried to get closed.

It wasn't too cold this year, but usually it's in the teens. I've done a few late season muzzy cow hunts, loads of fun. The nice part about the late season stuff is you have plenty of time to get them out.

Attachments

• IMG_4033.jpg
    IMG_4033.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 1
Dang!

Welcome! I’ll be out to Idaho this fall. Great state, just have to find a way to get used to those hills. That’s one rugged place.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back