has anyone hunted Enlich Mesa?

ecroofsalot

I'm looking at Enlich Mesa as a good starting point. I'm only a little worried on how I'll do with the altitude. I've been looking at hunting the west side first and if I cant find anything, try some drainages east. looks steep but possible. Archery antlerless tag. Thanks, Eric

I’ve never hunted it, but I hiked up there about 10 years ago when I lived in Durango. The good thing about it, if you’re worried about the altitude, is that you can drive really high and cut a ton of elevation by just getting to the trailhead. All that country is high elevation, though. No way around it. Beautiful place and good-looking elk country.

I’ve never hunted it, but I hiked up there about 10 years ago when I lived in Durango. The good thing about it, if you’re worried about the altitude, is that you can drive really high and cut a ton of elevation by just getting to the trailhead. All that country is high elevation, though. No way around it. Beautiful place and good-looking elk country.
Thanks for your input. I’ll just see how I acclimate to it and go from there. I’m planning on setting up a camp 2-3 miles in

Thanks for your input. I’ll just see how I acclimate to it and go from there. I’m planning on setting up a camp 2-3 miles in
Be careful.
Are trail cameras Legal?
Answer:
The use of trail cameras is legal. However, once you hook a camera up to or sync to a device, it is no longer a legal method of use. Colorado prohibits the use of trail cameras that use the internet or other computer-assisted remote technology while hunting or fishing.

It's beautiful up there, but if you're concerned with elevation you may want to access somewhere else. Mid 11's up on the mesa and 2500+ vertical down to the Florida. It's relatively flat up top, but I'd be surprised to find elk there anytime after opener. Domestic sheep ruined that area for me. Noise 24/7 and it carries for miles and miles. 2-3 miles doesn't get you away from much up there, but I'm sure you can find elk on either side of the mesa. Just have a plan to get it up and out.

Thank you, good info. I may start lower than
It's beautiful up there, but if you're concerned with elevation you may want to access somewhere else. Mid 11's up on the mesa and 2500+ vertical down to the Florida. It's relatively flat up top, but I'd be surprised to find elk there anytime after opener. Domestic sheep ruined that area for me. Noise 24/7 and it carries for miles and miles. 2-3 miles doesn't get you away from much up there, but I'm sure you can find elk on either side of the mesa. Just have a plan to get it up and out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back