Caribou Gear Tarp

Happy Happy Happy!

JC3

Well after a long 13 year wait I have successfully drawn a unit 61 first rifle bull tag!! Having hunted the unit before I am extremely excited to get over there and start scouting. A good buddy of mine also drew so it should be exciting. I plan on starting to scout in late July as my sons are both in 4-H and getting away from home with as many chores as we have will be next to impossible, steers, cows & calves and pigs take priority until fair is over. One of my best friends drew a bear tag this year so I plan on hunting with him in September to assist with the hunt and also do some more scouting prior to my season opener. Hopefully I can share this hunt with you guys through here with pictures of scouting and also the hunt!! Stay tuned.

Congrats on the elk tags for you and your buddy! I've never hunted it but have seen the results that can come from it. Looking forward to the story and pics from this fall.

I need to get up with you about bear hunting that area.

Reactions: JC3
Great area stuffed with some decent elk as you already know.

Sure hope you do take time to share scouting and hunt stories and pics. Such a neat area and you will be able to digiscope a lot of cool critters.

Reactions: JC3
Great area stuffed with some decent elk as you already know.

Sure hope you do take time to share scouting and hunt stories and pics. Such a neat area and you will be able to digiscope a lot of cool critters.

I'm going to do as much as possible, like I said the boys have quite a few critters in the fair this year so I won't be able to do much until late July. After that it is game on, I'm sure the Mrs. will be less than impressed with the amount of time I'll spend scouting but she'll get over it. I'll do my best to keep this up to date.

Congrats on the elk tags for you and your buddy! I've never hunted it but have seen the results that can come from it. Looking forward to the story and pics from this fall.

I need to get up with you about bear hunting that area.

Let me know, I'd be happy to tell you what we learned.

Updates on the hunt? Wanting to hear story and thoughts of 1st season. Wanting to gather more intel before drawing this tag in 2021. Willing to listen to other NR that drew tag after looonnngg wait.

Welcome to the forum. 61 has a fair # of fans here, myself included. Even Big Fin has climbed the canyons of the Uncompahgre plateau.
I drew a muzzleloader cow tag for unit 61. Any info on where to try to find a cow without messing someone else’s hunt up that’s hunting a bull thanks

Well after a long 13 year wait I have successfully drawn a unit 61 first rifle bull tag!! Having hunted the unit before I am extremely excited to get over there and start scouting. A good buddy of mine also drew so it should be exciting. I plan on starting to scout in late July as my sons are both in 4-H and getting away from home with as many chores as we have will be next to impossible, steers, cows & calves and pigs take priority until fair is over. One of my best friends drew a bear tag this year so I plan on hunting with him in September to assist with the hunt and also do some more scouting prior to my season opener. Hopefully I can share this hunt with you guys through here with pictures of scouting and also the hunt!! Stay tuned.
I noticed that this was posted in 2020. Forgive my ignorance, but was your hunt in 2020 or was your tag for this year? If this year, good luck. If last year, hope you filled that tag.

I noticed that this was posted in 2020. Forgive my ignorance, but was your hunt in 2020 or was your tag for this year? If this year, good luck. If last year, hope you filled that tag.
Hey EKY, my hunt was in 2020. It was a great hunt but awful dry. We seen lots of bulls but I never did see a bull that I was interested in. There was one I probably should've shot in hindsight but didn't. Oh well we had a great time anyhow.

I drew a muzzleloader cow tag for unit 61. Any info on where to try to find a cow without messing someone else’s hunt up that’s hunting a bull thanks
Hey Hillbilly, you will have no trouble finding a cow. I spent a lot of time last year in Red Canyon. But almost anywhere you go you will be in the elk. If you want hit me up with a PM and I'll give you some spots to try.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back