Happy Birthday Ike

Ike

I had another one of those darn birthdays just the other day but had to work. So I promised myself this morning I’d take the wolf pack out rigging for bears to see if they’d tree me a birthday present.

With seven hounds in tow, I drove up into a drainage I’d never treed a bear in hoping lady luck would smile on me. It was about an hour after daylight when the four dogs on top starting singing their tune that usually means: we gotta bear dad! we gotta bear!

I stopped and looked around at that deep, nasty canyon I was in and wondered if I should dump a dog. Nope I thought to myself….I’ll just drive on until I get a really hard, hot rig and not mess around with any cold trailing. But as I started back for the front door ole Choco just went crazy chopping. And I knew he was saying I’ll tree that bear for you dad…just cut me loose.

So I got weak and sent Choco and Ike my two redbones. They left out through the trees uphill as if they were on a mission. They went up the country and crossed the road somewhere but I missed their crossing. However, I could hear those two redbones pretty well so I cut five more hounds into the chase. I figured they were baying the bear and needed some help, as they were giving up lots of voice.

They climbed clear out of that drainage, trailed down the country two or three miles then dropped back into a hole and got on the wood. I drove out on a point above them and could tell they were treed and I just needed to get there.

I drove around and came in the bottom of that canyon and wondered if they had ole Mr. big boar in the tree. A buddy of mine had told me he’d cut a nice boar in that area several times over the past few years…and I figured I had him nailed.

I was pumped walking in wondering color and size…you know the stuff hounddoggers think about on the way to the tree. But when I arrived at the tree, Rowen and Ryan were in it face barking a long-tailed cat! Anyway, I guess ole Choco doesn’t really care if they have long or short tails ha. Keep’em treed!

The ikester hump

Attachments

• happybirthdayike.jpg
    happybirthdayike.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 251
Thanks guys

I apprecicate the well wishes on the birthday. And it was great getting under a tom lion tree in September even if it was a mistake! I hope you guys are having a great fall? hump

Ike
<A HREF=http://www.ingramwildlife.com/hdctwotrailer.wmv>CLICK HERE</A>

Well Ike

As usual that was a great story, sorry for not following you on your exploits as of late, been a little preoccupied

Congrats on your BD present...

P.S. you need to fix that last link you posted... :)

Well Ike

As usual that was a great story, sorry for not following you on your exploits as of late, been a little preoccupied

Congrats on your BD present...

P.S. you need to fix that last link you posted... :)

Cheese,

It was 2 years ago that Ike had his birthday.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back