Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

H&R muzzle loader

dmarsh38

Hi I am looking at a H&R huntsman .45 caliber muzzle loader.Any and all imput appreciated

They r great guns ! Especially for the money. I have a 50 cal. Its a tack driver for the $120 I paid for it brand new. They dont make them anymore as u r probably aware. They r hard to come by used. People keep them. Best bet would be sites like www.gunbroker.com Best variety of used firearms that I've seen. You could maybe pick up the barrel seperately & pair it with one of their shotguns or rifles.

Thanks I kinda got looking at this one because of the wood stocks not into synthetic

I seen a 50 cal in a local gunshop a couple months ago. PM me if you want me to see if its still there.

I have a 50 cal muzzleloader. It is hard to remove the breech plug for cleaning ,no matter what lube I use,it can be horrible to remove. Before I would invest in an H&R muzzleloader ,I would buy a CVA with the easy out breech plug. I own one and it is a great shooter and very easy to clean.

Also the orange primer holders are very hard to find around me.
Also I would not buy a 45 cal. . If you ever want to hunt elk in Colorado a 45 is not legal. Must be 50 or larger.
Another thing, I would not buy a used muzzleloader from anyone. You do not know how they were treated and cared for.

Last edited:
Back