Yeti GOBOX Collection

Guest Tent

R

rwc101

I'm looking for ideas on a tent to accommodate family/friends when they visit Wyoming and maybe just to give me extra space when camping for extended periods. Needs to be able to hold 3-4 people when car camping. Needs to hold up to the wind for pronghorn hunting out on the plains. Part of me is drawn to the Davis Go Tent, but it seems like a pain to put up in the wind. Especially if I were alone.

Any suggestions?

Wait till after winter sales and pick up a big as@ popup ice shanty. Little bulky to transport but designed for 1 person setup, easy to care for and handle winds well with lots of tie downs. Bonus is next winter you have new fishing shanty with room to invite rest of us. Honestly i truck camp year yound out of my shanty and surprised more people dont... figured i would offer a different idea then just standard tents.KIMG0416.JPG

Wait till after winter sales and pick up a big as@ popup ice shanty. Little bulky to transport but designed for 1 person setup, easy to care for and handle winds well with lots of tie downs. Bonus is next winter you have new fishing shanty with room to invite rest of us. Honestly i truck camp year yound out of my shanty and surprised more people dont... figured i would offer a different idea then just standard tents.View attachment 207928

The thought has crossed my mind more than once.

I'm looking for ideas on a tent to accommodate family/friends when they visit Wyoming and maybe just to give me extra space when camping for extended periods. Needs to be able to hold 3-4 people when car camping. Needs to hold up to the wind for pronghorn hunting out on the plains. Part of me is drawn to the Davis Go Tent, but it seems like a pain to put up in the wind. Especially if I were alone.

Any suggestions?

Kodiak Canvas? Not sure how it does in Wyoming winds, but mine seems pretty stout...

Kodiak Canvas? Not sure how it does in Wyoming winds, but mine seems pretty stout...

Yep, I have a 10x14 kodiak canvas flex bow. Had a lot of wind I'm WY in mid Oct, not sure on actual wind speed but it was gusting pretty good and no issues. Solo setup isn't too bad.

4 people on a weekend trip would be fine. I wouldn't want to do it much longer if weather was bad and the group had to hang out in the tent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back