Greetings!

Oso

Hi all! I spent my youth chasing whitetails in Ohio and West Virginia. Then I moved across the country for work and didnt hunt for nearly 20 years. I returned to the field a couple of years ago to chase pigs and small game. Lately I've realized that there are a few more grey hairs every day and it's time for me to step it up and spend more time being outside doing what I love and broadening my horizons. To that end, I'm here to learn about hunting elk. Ive no idea where to start so please forgive me now for all of the stupid rookie questions that im bound to ask for what is porbvably the 1000th time on this forum. I'll do my best to search first.

I'm self employed and make a living keeping the Pacific Ocean a little bit cleaner. I've been married to a very patient woman for nearly 20 years and we have a 6 (going on 16) year old daughter. As time passes, I seem to require regular bouts of quieter surrounding - maybe it's age creeping up, maybe it's living with 2 females and only one bathroom, maybe it's both?. I'm not sure why it's happening but it gives me another reason to be in the field more often. Hunting seems to provide the needed solitude and I bring something home often enough that our freezer is never empty.

Anyway, that's me. I look forward to learning and sucking up all the knowledge my brain will hold.

Hello Oso.

You talk about the Pacific Ocean that must mean you're either in Washington, Oregon or Cal.

First off welcome to the forum.

2nd do you have any hunting partners that are interested in Elk hunting? I ask because although many people do and will hunt elk solo, man does it make life easier with a partner or two.

Welcome,you have two partners.Introduce them to our world.
Make it thiers too!🔥

Hello Oso.

You talk about the Pacific Ocean that must mean you're either in Washington, Oregon or Cal.

First off welcome to the forum.

2nd do you have any hunting partners that are interested in Elk hunting? I ask because although many people do and will hunt elk solo, man does it make life easier with a partner or two.

I’m in California. Where I live it is impossible to find a hunting partner. If I want to hunt locally I’m limited to stalking Tofurkeys with sneaky vegans.

I’m open to a hunting partner but think it highly unlikely given my location. My daughter will hunt when she’s old enough and can pull a bow of sufficient poundage, but that’s at least a few years away. She’s already been shooting a bow for a year and is a natural. I can’t wait to take her out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back