Good used bows?

S

sharpshooter97

Hey guys, due to life getting in the way it's been about 4 or 5 seasons since I have bow hunted. I sold my bow after the last season that I used it and have been itching to get back into it. Anyways I'm looking to get a bow again this year and kinda wondering what's out there in the used market that you guys think is good? The last and only bow I've had was a Hoyt cybertec

I think those single cam Mathews from 5ish years ago with the solid back walls and good brace heights were nice. If you get over towards WI, everybody has been switching to crossbows the last three or four years so you can find used bows fairly reasonable now.

Hey guys, due to life getting in the way it's been about 4 or 5 seasons since I have bow hunted. I sold my bow after the last season that I used it and have been itching to get back into it. Anyways I'm looking to get a bow again this year and kinda wondering what's out there in the used market that you guys think is good? The last and only bow I've had was a Hoyt cybertec
What’s your draw length. I’m looking to sell my Hoyt Defiant Turbo. I have two and don’t seem to be able to shoot both the way I had planned. I have a ripcord code rest rest on it as well as a 5 pin black gold ascent verdict. Maybe 500 shots on the strings.

Check the classifieds on Archery talk you’ll be amazed at how many 2-3 year old bows people upgrade then sell

Definitely go through archery talk. I bought a bow on there that was maybe 2 years old for half the price of new and it was barely shot and in great condition. It's still going strong 5 years later.

Hoyt Vector 32 is what I bought.

Definitely go through archery talk. I bought a bow on there that was maybe 2 years old for half the price of new and it was barely shot and in great condition. It's still going strong 5 years later.

Hoyt Vector 32 is what I bought.
Another for AT. I wanted a carbon bow, but couldn't justify spending $1,600 on a new RX3 so I picked up a Carbon Defiant for super cheap and I love it.

I plan on doing some looking around this spring, I shot my brothers pse stinger last year and thought it shot pretty good.

Also, check Ebay for unused bows of past model years. Last year I picked up a brand new Elite Energy with full warranty for 1/4 of the original MSRP...

I think those single cam Mathews from 5ish years ago with the solid back walls and good brace heights were nice. If you get over towards WI, everybody has been switching to crossbows the last three or four years so you can find used bows fairly reasonable now.
That is one of the most unfortunate things I’ve ever heard. So sad to see people switch to crossbows. I guess all the TV ads are working on some folks.

Just like new bows, the one that fits you, shoots the best for you, and feels right...

I give archery talk a big thumbs up
I never bought a used bow before but my one friend is the king of finding a deal on 2 yr old bows found me a 3 yr old hoyt nitrum turbo for $300 2 yrs ago prob will never by new again

Yea, tons of used bows on Ebay. I bought a slightly used PSE Evoke for about half the cost of new. Seller happened to live about 50 miles from me so I didn't even have to pay shipping. Bow shoots great too. I found a nice used Carbon PSE evolve on ebay at less than half of new but I got too cheap and didn't win it. So definitely for me anyway used is the way to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back