Yeti GOBOX Collection

Delete

BradA

Hello,
I drew a GMU 35/36/45/361 deer tag third season tag and was hoping to connect with some other Hunt talk members that have hunted these areas even if it’s a second or fourth season tag that they hunted and see how there experience was and if they were successful?

Use to be my "Go-To" area!
But then the internet came about (Monster Muleys website) and destroyed it. Still like that country and miss hunting it. Use to be mostly weekend hunters from Denver and you'd have the whole area to yourself during the week, and then around 2005/06 it went to these huge camps from Utah with God only knows how many people staying the whole season and grinding the deer out

Use to be my "Go-To" area!
But then the internet came about (Monster Muleys website) and destroyed it. Still like that country and miss hunting it. Use to be mostly weekend hunters from Denver and you'd have the whole area to yourself during the week, and then around 2005/06 it went to these huge camps from Utah with God only knows how many people staying the whole season and grinding the deer out
That’s to bad! I’m sure you were able to see some amazing bucks hunting it in those years with the genetics in that area.

There are still deer up there, just not like it use to be

I'll be grouse hunting up there in Sept so if I remember I'll post up what I see.

I have a 3rd season as well. I came out Wednesday to help a buddy who has 2nd season. It’s definitely been a grind. Hoping some weather comes in next week and gets the deer moving.

I used to hunt there in 2005-2007, and it was a great buck area. I think it has gotten over hunted and I haven’t been back. There were a lot of hunters even 15 years ago.

I have a 3rd season as well. I came out Wednesday to help a buddy who has 2nd season. It’s definitely been a grind. Hoping some weather comes in next week and gets the deer moving.
Have you seen anything?

Couple small bucks were sniffing does, but nothing worth shooting
Copy that thank you for letting me know. Should be interested next week. I personally believe that daylight and the time of the year causes the rut more so then weather itself.

Copy that thank you for letting me know. Should be interested next week. I personally believe that daylight and the time of the year causes the rut more so then weather itself.
How did your hunt turn out?

Hunted up there from 98-2002. We turned off pavement at Edwards and headed up. In our camp(s) we took some of big deer. A 196, 203, some high 160's. None of the guys I went there with go up there any more. They stopped around 04 or 05. They had been hunting up there since the 70's I believe ( all local CO guys). I miss it. Beautiful country up there. Snow is/was your friend for sure.

Hopefully your hunt went well.

Dry, hot, full moon conditions along with pressure caused the bucks to turn nocturnal. Rut activity was very much different on private compared to public. I seen some amazing bucks on private of which one was a freak and I cut his track in the public and followed it to private. He was only a couple hundred yards into private and I think if I would have had more time to pursue that buck could have killed him. Passed on who knows how many 150 and below bucks, passed on a handful of 160 class bucks and messed up my shot on a 170 class buck.

Hunted the area 3rd rifle this year, saw 6 bucks including mine come out of just one section of forest. It was actually kind of disheartening seeing that many taken. Hopefully the population is doing well enough it didn't hurt. Not sure the score of this guy but hes my first buck so i'm beyond happy with it. 257466913_4692453047443460_4478964655683454019_n.jpg

Hey congratulations, I was there as well during third season but came home empty handed. Great buck especially for your first one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back