Delete

Hunted up there from 98-2002. We turned off pavement at Edwards and headed up. In our camp(s) we took some of big deer. A 196, 203, some high 160's. None of the guys I went there with go up there any more. They stopped around 04 or 05. They had been hunting up there since the 70's I believe ( all local CO guys). I miss it. Beautiful country up there. Snow is/was your friend for sure.

Hopefully your hunt went well.
Dry, hot, full moon conditions along with pressure caused the bucks to turn nocturnal. Rut activity was very much different on private compared to public. I seen some amazing bucks on private of which one was a freak and I cut his track in the public and followed it to private. He was only a couple hundred yards into private and I think if I would have had more time to pursue that buck could have killed him. Passed on who knows how many 150 and below bucks, passed on a handful of 160 class bucks and messed up my shot on a 170 class buck.
Will you be hunting these units this year? my son and I drew this year I don't know a darn thing about these units' 3rd season. I've hunted Idaho the past 8 years & Wyoming. We got skunked last year. I'm pushing 68 years old and can still hump on foot !! can you or someone pass me some help please. Thank you for your precious time.

Attachments

• idaho pats canyon.jpg
    idaho pats canyon.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 13
Hunted the area 3rd rifle this year, saw 6 bucks including mine come out of just one section of forest. It was actually kind of disheartening seeing that many taken. Hopefully the population is doing well enough it didn't hurt. Not sure the score of this guy but hes my first buck so i'm beyond happy with it. View attachment 208967
Congratulations nice buck & nice picture. Will you be hunting these units this year? my son and I drew this year I don't know a darn thing about these units' 3rd season. I've hunted Idaho the past 8 years & Wyoming. We got skunked last year. I'm pushing 68 years old and can still hump on foot !! can you or someone pass me some help please. We take whatever God give us , Thank you for your precious time.

Attachments

• idaho pats canyon.jpg
    idaho pats canyon.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 3
Would you call this a graze? , A guy told me I grazed this deer .

Attachments

• wounded deer graze.jpg
    wounded deer graze.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 17
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back