Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Getting into Elk hunting

Birddy

How did you guys get into elk hunting? I am just starting to get into western hunting. I would assume a lot of you started off hunting with family. So for those of you that weren't lucky enough to be born in a western state, how did you do your first elk hunt? Just grab a buddy, pick a unit and go? I would like to try a hunt but don't even know where to begin.

Can you say "Game cart"
SHARP knife and a saw...
I started as a kid with family. First ten years not even a shot at an elk. Finally it all came together and now it's like deer hunting only WAY BIGGER !!!
Till you put your hands on an elk you don't know HOW big they are,
You gat to start some place Grab a buddy pick a place and go see what you see. Every time you do something wrong learn and every time you do something right remember. Good luck.
:hump:

I was lucky enough to get invited by another vet to a camp 3 years ago. Great place to be. I had been in CO for 3 yrs at that point but due to deployments had missed all the hunting seasons up to that point. I was fortunate enough to be put on elk that first year and got a nice little 5x5. I am hooked on the west. Love IN and sitting in a tree stand in the hardwoods but the big woods are something else all together :)

I moved to Colorado after I retired from the Army. I will share with you my vast knowledge of elk after chasing them for 6 years with my bow...........

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back