MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sold

Karl

Cimarron - brown, no screens with stove jack, seams are sealed and comes with regular large stove. No ember burns in it. I used it on a couple trips in Wyoming a couple years ago but just don’t see needing it again in the next couple of years.

SOLD

Attachments

• F2C2A3D2-FB95-41A5-A237-E99BF1CC4473.jpeg
    F2C2A3D2-FB95-41A5-A237-E99BF1CC4473.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 47
  • ADC64D9D-3609-49A5-9434-38697C507EFD.jpeg
    ADC64D9D-3609-49A5-9434-38697C507EFD.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 227D9E9F-F005-4D92-9A6C-867D584AF032.jpeg
    227D9E9F-F005-4D92-9A6C-867D584AF032.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I am interested. Does it have decent ventilation without screens? Does it retain any warmth once the stove burns out?

Last edited:
I am interested. Does it have decent ventilation without screens? Does it retain any warmth once the stove burns out?
I have only run it during cold snowy weather, when I was looking for less outside air getting in. If you were looking for good airflow you would have to open up the doors to create a crossflow. For warmth, it does keep some heat trapped in the tent for awhile but typically would be below freezing by the time I woke up in the morning. I perfected keeping a firestarter and a handful of wood ready to build the fire up when I woke up in the morning before getting out of my sleeping bag.

Not to jump in on the question to the OP but I run this and the 8 man. Once the fire is out the temp drops immediately. They are not designed to be a wall tent. Go to the Seek Outside website and you will learn a lot. There are several ways to up the air flow. You can even purchase a nest if you don't like the idea of a flooless shelter. People need to realize they are not wall tents, the stoves are not designed to run all night without adding lots of wood throughout the night. They do however make it very comfortable with the ability to dry out boots clothes etc, cook, warm you up quickly and in a very light weight package. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not to jump in on the question to the OP but I run this and the 8 man. Once the fire is out the temp drops immediately. They are not designed to be a wall tent. Go to the Seek Outside website and you will learn a lot. There are several ways to up the air flow. You can even purchase a nest if you don't like the idea of a flooless shelter. People need to realize they are not wall tents, the stoves are not designed to run all night without adding lots of wood throughout the night. They do however make it very comfortable with the ability to dry out boots clothes etc, cook, warm you up quickly and in a very light weight package. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Thanks Redman! I appreciate the extra clarification

If you use the tipi liner it holds much more heat.

Back