FS: Manners EH-6, GAP Camo, SA 700 inlet

• Thread starter Deleted member 16014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16014

Barreled action off the market. Stock alone for sale, see post #17 for details.

Testing the waters a bit here, not a rifle I need to sell necessarily. I've carried this gun a fair bit the past few years and killed a few deer and antelope with it. It's really a little lighter than I like; as my secondary hunting rifle I'm not opposed to passing it on and trying something new.

Remington 700, older CM action, fluted bolt, ADL
PacNor Mountain Rifle Contour barrel, stainless, stamped 6-250
Action work by Ray Montgomery
Glass bedded and cerakoted Elite Black by Fosnaugh Customs
Manners EH-6, GAP camo, picatinny rail up front (can accept sling stud), sling stud bottom rear, two flush cups on shooters left
Triggertech Special trigger
13.5 LOP, 1" Pachmyr pad
Machined follower, feeds great
Includes dies, Redding 80516
Includes @ 60 pieces 2x fired Lapua brass, 40 pieces 1x fired
Approximate round count: 475
Weighs 6 lbs. 1 oz. bare.

Buyer is welcome to data for my hunting load, 90 gr. Sierra TGK and H4350.

When I bought it there was some small but noticeable pitting and some marks on the surface of the action and recoil lug. I coated/bedded after receiving and it's well protected now. I have no reason to believe that the blemishes affect function. There are some minor scratches on the exterior of the stock from hunting use, bolt knob, and a scrape on the left side of the barrel. Marks in cerakote where rail sat. All should be visible in the pictures. It shoots well, three shot groups under moa and five shot groups right around moa.

Price Drop: $1,425 shipped to your FFL. If your FFL requires shipment from an FFL, add $35.
--Add $100 for 100x virgin Lapua 22-250 brass if you want them

Will be listed elsewhere. Payment via USPS Money Order or cleared personal check.

IMG-5077.jpg

IMG-5073.jpg

IMG-5078.jpg

IMG-5079.jpg

IMG-5081.jpg

IMG-5082.jpg

IMG-5084.jpg

IMG-5086.jpg

IMG-5087.jpg

IMG-5088.jpg

IMG-5089.jpg

IMG_1900.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll add some info based on a good question someone pm'd, re: 28* vs 30* shoulder on 22-250 vs. 250 case:

"What twist is the barrel? There is some confusion online about when a barrel is stamped 6-250. The 250 stevens case verses the 22-250 cases the shoulder angle is different may require FF to get cases.
Do you have anymore info on the reamer that was used?"

It's a 9-twist.

Great question -- I truly do not know, I bought it second hand. The dies that came with it are marked 6mm/22-250, but the barrel is marked 6-250. I spent some time unscientifically comparing shoulder angles between fired and sized cases, and could not tell a difference. I tried calling Ray, but his shop is listed as permanently closed. Based on my observation, and that I perceive builds on the 22-250 case would be much more common, my best guess is it's chambered on the 22-250. The original builder/seller is a pretty savvy gun guy and it would be odd that he would #1 build on a 250 case, and #2 not catch the difference when ordering dies.

I came to the conclusion that worst case scenario, I'm working the brass very slightly more than I might otherwise, and the ability to use Lapua .22-250 brass is a big plus in long term brass life anyway.

Good question though, I forgot about that little exercise in quandary. I'll add to the listing.

Link to original add from builder/seller.

Good looking little rifle. If I didn't have multiple hunting rifles and wasn't in the process of building a 338 Federal, if would be neat to have. GLWS.

IDK what this even means... I take it I can't walk into a gas station in E Montuckey and find a green box for it behind the clerk?
1686096117770.png

IDK what this even means... I take it I can't walk into a gas station in E Montuckey and find a green box for it behind the clerk?
View attachment 278963
Not without a possible squeeze fit and the bullet doing some bumper bowling down the tube. 🙂

This rifle is essentially no longer for sale. It’s about 90% of what I want in a rifle in this niche and I’ll have a new handle and bottom metal to make it 95% by year’s end.

The stock is for sale indpependent of the barreled action. The EH-6 (non adjustable comb) is no longer listed on their site, but the base build price on Manners elite sporters is now $759.

Stock only: $550 shipped
w/ADL trigger guard, mag box, milled follower, spring: + $45 ($595 total shipped)

Here is a copy of the build sheet. Holler with questions.

1688569207614.png

Not to clog up the thread, but what stock are you moving to?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back