PEAX Equipment

FS: Bear Medicine - $1150

BrentD

I am looking to sell my bear medicine, aka Smith and Wesson 629 (44 Mag) Mountain Pistol. This is the slimmer, lighter, and sexier sister to the regular Model 29 and 629 pistols. It is stainless, with a 4" barrel. The condition is very good to excellent. I have fired it only 200 times at most. The guy before me, I can't say, but does not show much wear at all.

It comes with the factory case and papers. Somewhere, I may have a belt holster for it. I will throw that in, if I can find it.

I am looking for $1150 plus shipping, including FFLs on both ends as I understand it, now that UPS and FedEx are out of the gun freight business. 1-wk return privileges.

There are also two boxes of ammo (50 factory, 50 reloads) that we could make a deal for, if you are interested.

Attachments

• Smith & Wesson 629 44 mag.jpg
    Smith & Wesson 629 44 mag.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 632
Last edited:
Ugliest one in the bunch but had one years ago, great carry revolvers.
Is it state by state if you can ship direct to the buyer? Just curious as I wouldn't do it that way regardless; long or handgun.

Last edited:
Had one years ago, great carry revolvers.
Is it state by state if you can ship direct to the buyer? Just curious as I wouldn't do it that way regardless; long or handgun.
Well, to be honest I will have to research it. It has to go to an FFL in the buyer's state (unless it's an Iowan). To ship it, I think it will have to go USPS, and that will require an FFL on my end (USPS) rules.

A state X citizen to state X citizen can sell/buy without ffl under fed law, but many states add extra rules. Such as no in state direct, no handguns, no “scary black guns, etc without FFL in the middle.

Cross state seller must send to buyer’s FFL - no direct sale allowed. So, it is just as easy to do FFL to FFL.

Interstate transfers require FFL. Intrastate transfers vary state by state but I wouldn't sell in state without being able to at least check an ID as an individual.

Interstate transfers require FFL. Intrastate transfers vary state by state but I wouldn't sell in state without being able to at least check an ID as an individual.
I'm not worried about intrastate. Out of state, I know the rules per se, but not how to work with them now that FedEx and UPS are out of the business.

I'm not worried about intrastate. Out of state, I know the rules per se, but not how to work with them now that FedEx and UPS are out of the business.
Best bet is to ship through an ffl but there will be an added cost for their involvement.
USPS won't ship handguns from an individual either. They're ok with long guns.

Best bet is to ship through an ffl but there will be an added cost for their involvement.
USPS won't ship handguns from an individual either. They're ok with long guns.
Yup. I haven't shipped out of state with a pistol since the FedEx, UPS change. I'm up to date otherwise I think. I sold some pistols to an FBI agent in TX a few years ago. Learned a lot (do not trust an FBI agent).

In state, so long as I have no reason to think you are a bad guy, the state is very happy with me selling to another resident. But not many Iowan's need bear medicine. :)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back