Frustrated

rjthehunter

Looks like Skiller covered it. In MN that is only if the land is not posted. I know people in MN that have had a hard time getting trepassers charged. Doing it because you would only get a warning is a crappy move. Should always call/talk to the landowner first.
I fully agree. We own land in several portions of the state and we've always helped others if they had a deer cross over. It's different since we know our neighbors but for a landowner to deny someone the ability to recover their legally harvested animal is bs. Have a warden accompany them in the recovery.

I don't want to come off sounding like trespassing is okay. We have problems with trespassers and it's a serious issue. But for a landowner to deny a request to retrieve game just grinds my gears.

Jrwhunting

Call the gamewarden next time!
Yes, our conservation agents here in Missouri are normally very willing to help in a situation like this one. Sorry you lost him. Please come back to Missouri, we have great hunting and lots of great public land, don't over look the smaller areas that get less pressure.

MNElkNut

My daughter shot a buck that crossed the property line this year here in MN. We called the landowner and his response???

Absolutely, you go wherever you want on my land, whenever you want! We are neighbors and we look out for each other!

Then he helped us look (and find) the buck. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you!

DamascusSteel

That sucks i am lucky to have neighbors that let me and my kids use their woods, but im hoping the land owner went and retrieved the deer after he denied you access. A bit greedy but at least then the deer wouldn't have gone to waste..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiddenOaks