From tundra to desert, new in NM

Kryos73

Greetings all. New HT member living in NM. Moved from AK years ago and over the last few years getting back into hunting. Looking forward to interacting with you and hopefully learning some new things.

Welcome from Georgia. Love NM.
I love Georgia. Was just there a month ago for vacation. Got to do a hog hunt in Waycross area. Struck out but still had a blast. GA was my fall back plan if I hadn't drawn here.

I love Georgia. Was just there a month ago for vacation. Got to do a hog hunt in Waycross area. Struck out but still had a blast. GA was my fall back plan if I hadn't drawn here.

No kidding. I live about an hour or so west of Waycross. See any of those whopper black bears they got over there?

No kidding. I live about an hour or so west of Waycross. See any of those whopper black bears they got over there?
We saw signs of a bear but didn't see the animal itself. Some tracks and some scat. We were out in the Dixon WMA. I absolutely loved how the state develops food plots for public access.

Welcome to the party, Kryos. It's quite a change from Alaska to the Land of Enchantment!
Yes it sure is. Now I should have prefaced with the fact that I've been in NM since 1998. Moved from Clovis to ABQ just over 3 years ago. Still not used to the heat though.

We saw signs of a bear but didn't see the animal itself. Some tracks and some scat. We were out in the Dixon WMA. I absolutely loved how the state develops food plots for public access.

Yep they take a few off that WMA on the dog hunts each year I believe. Some big bears in that part of the world.

And yes, we don't have much public here but a lot of what we do have is well managed. Some hidden gems out here for sure.

Yep they take a few off that WMA on the dog hunts each year I believe. Some big bears in that part of the world.

And yes, we don't have much public here but a lot of what we do have is well managed. Some hidden gems out here for sure.
I will be back for sure. Definitely want another crack at hogs and the deer regulations there are really nice as an out of stater.

Absolutely gorgeous. If you ever get the chance to go definitely do it. Msg me and I'll give you some info that'll help you avoid the tourist traps!
I'll definitely keep that in mind. I will go someday, just don't know when!

I'll definitely keep that in mind. I will go someday, just don't know when!
That's when I tell people to just GO! It's not that expensive if you plan ahead and you will never get to someday if you don't try. Finally made it up there and now we have a cabin to call ours!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back