Caribou Gear Tarp

Freeze Dried Meals

mrklean

Curious where most of you guys who eat mountain house or other freeze dried meals get them, online or stores? Any online stores seem to have better pricing then others?

Costco has a variety box at a good price. My local walmart had them red tagged at $2 a meal so I cleaned off the shelf. They restocked at $2 and again I cleaned up. A third time they restocked at $2 and again I cleaned up.

Costco has a variety box at a good price. My local walmart had them red tagged at $2 a meal so I cleaned off the shelf. They restocked at $2 and again I cleaned up. A third time they restocked at $2 and again I cleaned up.

Now that is what I call capitalizing on a deal! ��

Local store here (Fred Meyer aka Kroger) usually runs a buy 2 get one free sale every quarter, I stock up when they do. Just last week they ran a buy one get one... I bought a seasons worth. I think it worked out to be about $3.50 a bag.

The Costco deal is pretty good, but you only get 4 meal varieties, 2 of which I can't stand to eat ever again.

Picked some up in back country.com free shipping over $50 and there prices were some of the best I found on the internet

yup....I wish they had Heather's Choice. I would like to give that stuff a try.

She gave me a promo code at the BHA Rendezvous but it expired. I have her sampler box at home. I'm going to give the Smoke Salmon Chowder a try. The Packaroons are ok (not a big fan of coconut).

WestT, I'll give your promocode a try in a couple days. These guys seem to be setup for good stuff.

Last edited:
Mthuntr, I took Heather's Choice to Colorado with me last year. They were good and much more nutricious (in my opinion) that some of the more "bulk" manufacturers but after trying Paleo Meals to Go I would give them the nod. They hydrated much better...no crunchy/chewy pieces.

great article in the summer issue of ELK HUNTER comparing some of the better meal makers. Can't wait to try Heather's Choice

Joe/Mthuntr

I contacted the owners of Paleo Meals to Go and they informed they went in and "fixed" the coupon code HF25 and it is now working properly. Please note they also commented that the 25% off is valid for sale items as well. If you need anything else please let me know. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back