Forbes 24B

std7mag

While looking around at a shop in a neighboring state, i ran accross a previously enjoyed Forbes 24B in 280 Rem. Priced $999 (ok, $1,000).

Seeing the price of new NULA rifles, is $1,000 a deal good enough to put smile and accept the wrath from the Mrs.?

Would be perfect for when i'm finally able to go elk hunting in Colorado.

I own a 24B in a 270. I am very happy with the rig and my Leupold scope. The rifle has taken a cow elk, large mule deer, and two antelope all in Wyoming. The grand total of shots has been 4. It will shoot bug spots on targets and weights with the scope and all loaded up 6lbs 11 oz. A great hunting rifle.

They are great rifles, and as such the phrase that comes to mind is,"it is easier to ask for forgiveness, then ask for permission."

I wouldn't even look at it for half that price. They went out of business for a reason.

Yes, I owned one. Great idea, great stock, but a great lesson in how good parts and ideas can be ruined by being slapped together by a bunch of morons.

I wouldn't even look at it for half that price. They went out of business for a reason.

Yes, I owned one. Great idea, great stock, but a great lesson in how good parts and ideas can be ruined by being slapped together by a bunch of morons.

I thought he was able to buy the company back and make rifles to his standards again?

I remember your posts well years ago on your purchase of a Forbes.

I thought he was able to buy the company back and make rifles to his standards again?
Barrett bought it, and brought it back as the Fieldcraft.
https://barrett.net/firearms/fieldcraft/

Melvin bought the idea back from Colt many years ago when he tried to sell the production version the first time as the Colt Light Rifle.
The Forbes Rifle was the second time that he sold the name and rights to a production version. It didn't go much better.

Barrett bought it, and brought it back as the Fieldcraft.
https://barrett.net/firearms/fieldcraft/

Melvin bought the idea back from Colt many years ago when he tried to sell the production version the first time as the Colt Light Rifle.
The Forbes Rifle was the second time that he sold the name and rights to a production version. It didn't go much better.

Thanks for the info, I guess i'll quit looking that way for a light weight rifle.

I own a 24B in a 270. I am very happy with the rig and my Leupold scope. The rifle has taken a cow elk, large mule deer, and two antelope all in Wyoming. The grand total of shots has been 4. It will shoot bug spots on targets and weights with the scope and all loaded up 6lbs 11 oz. A great hunting rifle.
Will you sell your Forbes ?

Back