Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Fish Measuring 10’7” Fork Length Caught and Gently Released.

WyoDoug

How would you like to catch this in your fishing hole???

While I often release fish that I catch. I find fishing for fish where keeping them is not an option pointless.

That said, it's a beautiful fish and congrats to the angler.
I fish for food myself and don't do much catch and release sport fishing at all. Catch and release is pointless to me unless the fishing regs require the release due to size limits or something.

White sturgeon has been high on my list for a long time. I’d be thrilled to land and release even a six footer.

Last edited:
I fish for food myself and don't do much catch and release sport fishing at all. Catch and release is pointless to me unless the fishing regs require the release due to size limits or something.
The more fish I release, the longer I can keep fishing. Of course one must use catch and release equipment. NO BAIT! If spinners/lures, single hook only and peen the barb down. I can usually get away with barbed hooks when fly fishing. The trout/salmon rarely take them deep.

I fish and hunt both for the food. Fortunately for both I lkie fishing and hunting. Big into catfish these days but anything much over about 6 pounds I throw back. I think they will make better breeders than eaters! I watch guy's on you tube fishing for cats and all they catch are big one and they throw everything back. Even a few guy's I saw catching eaters were throwing them back. I like that, more for me to catch!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back