PEAX Equipment

Federal BOR Lock

MNHunter67

Anybody use the Federal B.O.R. Lock muzzleloader bullets? They look pretty interesting and I'm thinking about trying them out on whitetails this year.

I too like them and have a Traditions Vortek Strikefire muzz gun shooting them this year. I'm using 120 grains of Black Horn 209. I tried them previously in my TC Triumph with 3 - 50 grain Triple 7 pellets and they shot poorly. Also tried them with 2 - 60 grain pellets; that didn't work either. So, when I bought the Strikefire, I bought the Blackhorn 209 and that's working.

Previously I shot Power Belt Platinums in the TC and they shot well. They killed animals, but I wasn't impressed with their durability as they didn't pass through even small deer. I want something a bit sturdier and hence am looking forward to using the Bor Loks.

I shoot a 350gr Hornady FPB and have seen great performance with them. We have shot 10+ elk, lots of deer and a couple bear with them and have only recovered 2 bullets. They are easy to load and are super accurate out of my Knight rifle. Just another option for you.

I couldn't get the BOR Locks to work in my CVA but I only tried a few powder combos since the Barnes TEZs clicked right away.

I bought two packs of the BOR locks last year when I caught them on sale and could not get any decent accuracy out of them. I wanted to like them a lot but just could not get over the 5 to 8 inch groups I was getting even after tinkering up and down on my powder.

Old thread, but I do like Federal Bor-Lock bullets. Used the 270 gr copper version for my CO antelope hunt last year. Awesome bullet, fast and accurate! Hoping to draw CO muzzleloader elk tag this season.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back