Caribou Gear Tarp

Eye problems

OntarioHunter

My Lab's eyes are a mess after hunting all day yesterday in cattails and Russia olive. Very red and drooping eyelids. Opal who passed two years ago also had some issues. She had naturally droopy eyelids and cattail fuzz caused havoc. Allergy relief Visene-A helped her but doesn't seem to be doing much for Ellie. Anyone else had to deal with this?
20211103_104011.jpg

I've not had that problem..hunting draws loaded with tumblemustard, occasionally a problem but
easy to remove and the end of the day with a q-tip.

My biggest problem is with only one lab, day after day brush busting does damage to nose/face.
When I lived in northern Idaho I had 3 labs and would rotate them for that reason.
IMG_0019.JPG

I've not had that problem..hunting draws loaded with tumblemustard, occasionally a problem but
easy to remove and the end of the day with a q-tip.

My biggest problem is with only one lab, day after day brush busting does damage to nose/face.
When I lived in northern Idaho I had 3 labs and would rotate them for that reason.
View attachment 201599
That was always a problem for Pearl, Ellie's predecessor. Her partner Opal had the better nose for uplands. At the end of the day Pearl's nose would be bloody from smelling the ground while Opal's would be fine. She was always working the air head up. Curiously, Pearl had a much better nose than Opal for finding downed waterfowl.

French Britt Puppy has only slight problems with eye allergies working the same stuff the same day as Ellie.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back