PEAX Equipment

ELKHUNTER, I COMING UP!!! Run away while you still can!!!

got fish?

My Father-in-law announced today at lunch that he has friend that is inviting all of us up to some private spot on the Salt river for some Gay-Bass fishing. I think it branches off of the snake river. We are still trying to figure the details. like if we'll drive or fly and where we'll stay. we are coming up aug 29 or 30 - sept 1st or 2nd.

What words of wisdom do you have, "Oh Great Local Humper of Elks"? I'd like to know more about the salt river, decent places to stay, and most importantly FOOD! Where can we go to EAT LOTS OF FOOD? reccomended lures or presentations? and tackle? you got a wal-mart up there? J/K

Everyone is coming over Tomarrow for my son's birthday and we'll most likely hash out some details.

[email protected]
[email protected]
480-539-2575
1502 E. Park Ave.
Gilbert, AZ 85234

Thanks Bill.
:D

Let me know where you are going to exactly. I will get more details for you and maybe can head down by there. Are you fly fishing or using spinners?

Not sure just exactly where that is, but if your bass fishing, you should use a fly rod. In these parts, folks I know consider bass to be like your last cheap date with an alcholic. They are obnoxious and just lay there. No fight to em (compared to trout and steelhead). But hey, even a bad trip catching bass is a hell of a lot better than no trip at all. Hope you have a great time and let us know the details. ;)

We will most definately be using spinning gear. however, I may be willing to check out fly fishing while I'm there, if it's not too expensive.

Flytier, down here we refer to trout as gay-bass. down here the trout are so small our bass eat them up for snacks. I will be going for trout, big ones while i'm there in wyoming. "When in Rome, Do as the romans do."

I take that back, I'm staying as far away from the Elk as I can! Knowing what the elkhumpers to them up there. NO THANK YOU, fishing ONLY please. :D :D :eek:

I'll keep you posted Bill. Thanks.

flytier, the Salt River is south of Jackson in Star Valley. The Snake runs south from Jackson to Alpine where it runs into the Pallisades Reservoir. It is hear that the Grey's River runs into the Snake also and the Salt river runs into the Pallisades also.

got fish, Rooster Tails and Panther Martins were always my spinners of choice. Black and yellow. Let me know more when you find out.

Got fish,
i would suggest flyfishing!! if at all possible i beleive youll get alot more strikes from flies than spinners!. The beggining of spet. usually marks the "Hopper" season, most grasshopper patterns will work well, also Dbl. humphies, stone fly patterns and my favorite the chernobel ant, just to name a few, these are all fairly large dry flies that are very visible and easy the cast. If the presentation is good (doesnt have to be perfect in that water) and the fly stays high in the water with no drag at all (very very important) learn to mend! than i garuntee youll get hits! aggressive ones at that!

if your not proficient at flyfishing dont worry you dont have to be! getting the right set-up rod/line weight and leaders and learn few techniques from Del and have a blast!

hope this helps! ;)

Elkhunter,

I'll be flying in on Aug 29th and leaving Sept 2.

We are staying in Afton, WY.

Apparently we will be fishing Where the Salt River meets the Pallisades Res.

My father-in-law has got some connection to an owner of a big hunk of land along there, he's going to let us and only us fish on it that weekend

I hear there's some BIG ONES in that area.

Afton is about 70 miles south of me and the Palisades where you will be fishing is about 35 miles from me. Maybe I can scoot down there and say hello.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back