EHD outbreak in SD

Stackem

Got an email about returning my tag with concerns towards an EHD outbreak in SD. Said any west river tag holders have until the day before season to have their tag postmarked for return will receive all points and money back.

My question is how bad is the outbreak?
Had a buddy and cousin hunting Region C in WY last week and said it was really bad.

Can’t speak for South Dakota but southwest North Dakota and southeastern Montana it’s hitting hard. Finding a few new dead deer a day and that’s just driving down the county road looking out into the fields. Walked one creek bird hunting and the smell of death down that thing was terrible

Also can’t speak for SD, but it is bad in ND. I sampled two dead deer two days ago, and we’ve had multiple other calls on dead deer. I know it’s much worse to the south. The wardens are getting dead deer calls all day long.

The Little Missouri River in the extreme northwest corner of South Dakota is pretty bad. It sucks but honestly on some of the private land there were way too many white tail and they seem to bounce back pretty quick. I'm not going to return any licenses and just see what it looks like after a good freeze.

Can’t speak for South Dakota but southwest North Dakota and southeastern Montana it’s hitting hard. Finding a few new dead deer a day and that’s just driving down the county road looking out into the fields. Walked one creek bird hunting and the smell of death down that thing was terrible
Yep, talked to my Dad who lives in Bowman, ND yesterday, dead deer all over.

We're planning to head out North of Belle Fourche in a few weeks. Any word from that area?

Terrible disease. There is an outbreak in upstate New York. My hunting buddy found several dead bucks on the farm we hunt last week. Trail cameras are not recording any deer now. A State Trooper hunts the farm next to us. His cameras are not sending any deer pics now either.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back