PEAX Equipment

Eastman's MRS

Perhaps I have also been too honest over there. I have not been able to get on the site for several days now.

That's funny! Yep, I learned not to be honest over their alright, so be careful! As WapitiBob mentioned, their site forum was down for a couple days in another of their revamps and similar to their digital conversion they obviously screwed it up too, but it's back up and running again! I do hope that people don't rely on the MRS when they can't even copy the season dates from the various G&F websites properly to get that simple information correct. What's funny is the guys involved in putting the MRS together now keep telling all the members out on the Forums how great a job they're doing and that errors are now being kept to a minimum.

Last edited:
The MRS complaint thread on Eastmans Forum disappeared...........Topgun got the boot...........and in my opinion all this was done in a underhanded, dictatorial, unethical and dishonest way.
No words describe the situation more precisely, "The Eastmans are in a BUNKER mentality".

It is their business and they make the decisions on how their product is developed and presented. Believe me, they have been asked by many to honor the subscriptions that customers bought in good faith. They responded by deleting, banning and spinning this change of rules in the middle of the game.
The quality of their product and their integrity is now being called into question as it should be. The current customers and future prospects will vote on the Eastmans business model with their checkbooks and credit cards. Time will tell how the "BUNKER" mentality works out for them.
I think at this point they are too arrogant to consider the light at the end of the tunnel may be an on-coming train.

Last edited:
This has been a great thread exposing the truth of what is really going on. I had been kicking around the idea of subscribing to the magazine to get access to the MRS section. Well that's not going to happen now, thanks for the heads up.
You know it sounds like they have quieted down the guys that spoke badly of their product. My belief is they should have left those comments up and addressed the issues and worked to fix the situation. It doesn't look like that happened. So my suggestion would be everyone that has been ignored, quieted or dismissed should contact each one of the company's Eastmans represent and give them an ear full. That may get their attention and put the heat on the Eastmans to fix things and have better business practices " Ethics " . Ethics vs $$$ Hmmm Ethics what is that???
Just my thoughts guys,
Dan O

Burn Eastmans at the stake over a magazine subscription and bad data in their MRS...but give Politicians a pass on threatening our public lands and hunting heritage.

To paraphrase Oak...its odd the things that sportsmen choose to be out-raged about.

I think we're all outraged over the possibility of a public lands takeover and many are taking various actions to combat it. The last I heard free speech is still allowed in the USA, but I guess not according to how Eastmans operates! Here is what now comes up when I try to log in with my username at Eastmans! I guess Reekers is reading this website now, so you other guys that are on here and involved in the complaint may need to be very careful what you say from now on or you may get the same message!

Forum Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
Bad mouthing eastmans on another forum

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Last edited:
The John Lewton article in the current issue is worth the years subscription.

The John Lewton article in the current issue is worth the years subscription.

If your a trophy sheep hunting fanatic I absolutely agree, it is worth the years subscription. For an average midwest guy like me; if I were to ever sheep hunt it would probably be one time deal. Would I like to take a book ram, sure but in reality Any legal ram would make a sheep hunt a huge success.

I loved the backpacking tips that they had awhile back and I haven't read the current issue but I did look at the MRS...
Good Lord. I beg of you to please take some pride in your work. I probably know WA and OR better than any other states and the errors are atrocious. I don't have it in front of me but... I believe every elk archery tag was "unit 21" and they blatantly made up (or something) the random draw percentages because they're flat out wrong. They left out Sled Springs archery which had to be intentional. They left out (as they must do for every state) some of the most popular WA deer tags. The WA tentative seasons are already out so posting the tentative seasons based on last year just shows that they don't really put any effort into the "research". I noticed many errors in the Idaho OILs last month too. It's really just sad.

I think what Randy did made perfect sense and I'm hearing from a number of members who have decided not to renew because of that and what the OP mentioned. When a company puts out a product and doesn't even know how their own Wyoming elk draw works, I don't know why anyone would trust anything in their publications! Other sites I'm on also have many members pointing out numerous errors in the various state MRS write ups just like is being mentioned on this thread such that it's a ridiculous waste of money if that's all you are paying for. I like the two magazines for the same reasons Gr8bawana mentioned and that's it. I got banned from posting on their forums a couple months ago over what the OP mentioned when I and WapitiBob, along with a bunch of other members, told them they needed to put back the MRS until subscriptions ran out. That got nowhere and a class action complaint was filed through the Wyoming Office of the AG, who gave them 30 days to respond in writing. So far there has been no word back on whether any action is being taken, so it looks they may have gotten away with cheating a lot of subscribers out of their money. It's not that much per person, but it adds up to a lot of money with the number of subscribers they have and was certainly illegal to pull the plug right in the middle of people's subscriptions and then have the nerve to ask for more money to get it back!

Heck TopGun, I can't even get back on their forum. Been like that for better than a week. I e-mailed them with my complaint...I haven't heard a peep. Good to see that you're on here Topgun!

Perhaps I have also been too honest over there. I have not been able to get on the site for several days now.
Me either, I can't believe that Mike Eastman had a hand in this. And I doubt that Gordon Eastman would approve of what they're doing to the Eastman name.

I still like Eastmans but the only 1 that likes me on here is Topgun so that probably explains it.

That's funny Lawrence! :) Stick around here, as the Eastmans site appears to be dying a slow death with a lot of the members that got the shaft leaving for greener pastures.

Anyone that isn't smart enough to research GF websites, make a few phone calls, etc. deserve the data that they rely on others to spoon-feed them.
Harsh but true. It's nice to have something legitimate to read during the off season...E-man's I'm out.

Anyone that isn't smart enough to research GF websites, make a few phone calls, etc. deserve the data that they rely on others to spoon-feed them.

That is very true, Buzz. Another thing that people who got kicked off Eastman's forum need to realize, is that these forums are owned by individuals and they can set their own rules. Randy can kick anyone off this forum that he feels like is acting outside what he has deemed his parameters. I was kicked off a forum because I used the "e" word-ethics pertaining to ultra-long-range hunting. Did it bother me? Not in the least.

Anyone that is worried about information gleaned from forums or magazines, needs to quit worrying about it and do back-up research. Magazine information should be looked at as a framework on which to build, but not the end all for your hunt. Every magazine makes mistakes.

That is very true, Buzz. Another thing that people who got kicked off Eastman's forum need to realize, is that these forums are owned by individuals and they can set their own rules. Randy can kick anyone off this forum that he feels like is acting outside what he has deemed his parameters. I was kicked off a forum because I used the "e" word-ethics pertaining to ultra-long-range hunting. Did it bother me? Not in the least.

Anyone that is worried about information gleaned from forums or magazines, needs to quit worrying about it and do back-up research. Magazine information should be looked at as a framework on which to build, but not the end all for your hunt. Every magazine makes mistakes.

I believe you have missed the whole gist of at least part of this thread! Yes, I'm well aware that they can do as they please as far as their privately owned website, which is exactly what they did to shut people up and quiet the masses, even though the members had a perfect right to complain that they were getting ripped off in violation of their subscriptions that had been paid for in full. We are also aware that plenty of research should be done so as not to rely on one source and that is exactly how everyone, including myself, have found that their MRS is so far off and incorrect many times as to be laughable when a person is paying to get correct information from a company that is charging for it. Making mistakes is one thing, but they should be kept to a minimum when a person is paying for information, but in this MRS situation there are countless mistakes and informational errors by the dozen in just about every edition.

I believe you have missed the whole gist of at least part of this thread! Yes, I'm well aware that they can do as they please as far as their privately owned website, which is exactly what they did to shut people up and quiet the masses, even though the members had a perfect right to complain that they were getting ripped off in violation of their subscriptions that had been paid for in full. We are also aware that plenty of research should be done so as not to rely on one source and that is exactly how everyone, including myself, have found that their MRS is so far off and incorrect many times as to be laughable when a person is paying to get correct information from a company that is charging for it. Making mistakes is one thing, but they should be kept to a minimum when a person is paying for information, but in this MRS situation there are countless mistakes and informational errors by the dozen in just about every edition.

Dude, you like to argue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back