Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Eastman's MRS

I'll agree they are a joke. I like seeing the errors, omissions and mistakes though as it allows guys like us on here to do our own research and find areas that are under the radar a little bit.

I stopped my subsciption 6 yrs ago when the whole deal changed there. Used to be decent info.
Then DIY became a crew on (wink-wink) easy draw hunts. Turned out looking like private set-ups to me. And the MRS got real skewed...........

Generally, I think the Eastman's brand is turning into a joke. It is bad enough that they can hardly do a DIY episode, but the articles in the magazine are now half guided and/or private land; which is fine, just does nothing for me.

I still DVR the show, but I only watch the episodes with the two young guys they have shooting for them now, Dan and Jordan. It was the same when it was Ryan and Nate. It looks like the young guys are doing it right.

Seems like the best guys they have are never the Eastmans.

I won't be renewing my subscription. They changed the rules in the middle of the game and that is underhanded and dishonest. The Eastmans are all about money now and their product is going down in a slow spiral............it just hasn't crashed yet. They have lost a lot of subscriptions over this MRS scam.
If Mike Eastman came back in and cleaned up the boy's mess it may be salvageable.........doubt he wants that headache.

I just look at the pictures. ;)

I do have to comment on one article I recently took the time to read. It was titled "super tuning you bow". Without a doubt it was the lamest attempt at offering tech advice ever. It didn't even explain simple bow tuning but did mention a few simple types.

Sadly just another subscription I will let die. I grew up loving outdoor magazines but don't currently know of one that I am impressed with. I guess too much free info on the web could be to blame...

I just look at the pictures. ;)

I do have to comment on one article I recently took the time to read. It was titled "super tuning you bow". Without a doubt it was the lamest attempt at offering tech advice ever. It didn't even explain simple bow tuning but did mention a few simple types.

Sadly just another subscription I will let die. I grew up loving outdoor magazines but don't currently know of one that I am impressed with. I guess too much free info on the web could be to blame...

I grew up with brothers and each Christmas we got a magazine subscription of two. We at various times got Fur Fish Game, Outdoor Life, Missouri Conservationist, Sports Afield, Field & Stream, Guns and Ammo, Shotgun News.

Today I get Huntin Fool and once in a while buy an outdoor magazine if on a flight delay. I spend time on outdoor websites and forums to share experiences and pick up some general information so similar to reading articles in the old days.

The MRS section in Eastman's is largely taken from state information. There is no way that Eastman's can research every little bit of hunting area. Keep it in perspective. It is a place where someone can get an overview of western hunting without having to do ALL of the research themselves. They do have good stories about average people that kill very large animals, whether it be guided or unguided.

As far as the other articles, take them for what they are worth. If you can use some of the information, then take it. If not, then go on. Every other hunting/shooting magazine or TV show is the same. I see stupid stuff all the time on TV. I saw Dick Metcalf (self-proclaimed expert) say some really stupid stuff about the .308 one day.

Bottom line is if you don't like the magazine, then drop it, but don't whine about it.

The MRS section in Eastman's is largely taken from state information. There is no way that Eastman's can research every little bit of hunting area. Keep it in perspective. It is a place where someone can get an overview of western hunting without having to do ALL of the research themselves. They do have good stories about average people that kill very large animals, whether it be guided or unguided.

As far as the other articles, take them for what they are worth. If you can use some of the information, then take it. If not, then go on. Every other hunting/shooting magazine or TV show is the same. I see stupid stuff all the time on TV. I saw Dick Metcalf (self-proclaimed expert) say some really stupid stuff about the .308 one day.

Bottom line is if you don't like the magazine, then drop it, but don't whine about it.

This is very true. The disclaimer in every MRS says that it is only a place to get you started.
I for one would never take the word of any magazine as being absolute. I always do my own research and if something gets screwed up it's my own fault.
One thing that really amazes me is how many of you guys will sit in front of your computers and badmouth Eastman's. I am wondering why you don't go on that forum and tell them directly.

The MRS section in Eastman's is largely taken from state information.

It really should be that easy! By all means double check all the info before applying for tags! I was just reading thru the Oregon MRS and there are numerous errors. The most glaring is they have the Columbia Whitetail archery hunt listed as late December season dates instead of the actual early September date. I would be applying and drawing it if those dates were accurate.

The only thing worse than no info is bogus info IMO! Bottom line is it's next to useless info if you have to go and check all the state regs anyhow. I think the issue is they seem to have run off all the really good people who worked for them and it is going to cost them in the end as many are dropping the subscription.

This is very true. The disclaimer in every MRS says that it is only a place to get you started.
I for one would never take the word of any magazine as being absolute. I always do my own research and if something gets screwed up it's my own fault.
One thing that really amazes me is how many of you guys will sit in front of your computers and badmouth Eastman's. I am wondering why you don't go on that forum and tell them directly.

LOL! I guess you didn't read that I did exactly that and I got banned from making further posts on their Forums. A lot of the other member's posts were then deleted that backed me up and then suddenly the two main threads where everyone was registering their complaints about getting screwed out of their money and wanting the MRS put back on that they had paid for were suddenly gone! I hope nobody that reads it goes by it, as there are so many errors in each issue like everyone here is mentioning that it's a waste of money if you are just paying for that one particular part as a subscriber. Just this one thread has had approximately 40 people with the same negative opinion and most that are now subscribers appear to be saying they have not renewed or are not going to when the time comes. I might not be able to say anything more out on their website, but I'm sure not sugar coating the royal screwing they gave everyone any time I get the opportunity on other sites when their name is brought up! I'd bet they are going to lose their butts over this and that screwed up digital conversion they just went to way before all the bugs were worked out.

Last edited:
I overheard some old ladies in the mall bitching about recipes printed wrong in Good Housekeeping - said they were gonna boycott good housekeeping. It's a damn magazine ladies - who could possibly give a crap.

I overheard some old ladies in the mall bitching about recipes printed wrong in Good Housekeeping - said they were gonna boycott good housekeeping. It's a damn magazine ladies - who could possibly give a crap.

You left out an "LOL"

LOL! I guess you didn't read that I did exactly that and I got banned from making further posts on their Forums. A lot of the other member's posts were then deleted that backed me up and then suddenly the two main threads where everyone was registering their complaints about getting screwed out of their money and wanting the MRS put back on that they had paid for were suddenly gone! I hope nobody that reads it goes by it, as there are so many errors in each issue like everyone here is mentioning that it's a waste of money if you are just paying for that one particular part as a subscriber. Just this one thread has had approximately 40 people with the same negative opinion and most that are now subscribers appear to be saying they have not renewed or are not going to when the time comes. I might not be able to say anything more out on their website, but I'm sure not sugar coating the royal screwing they gave everyone any time I get the opportunity on other sites when their name is brought up! I'd bet they are going to lose their butts over this and that screwed up digital conversion they just went to way before all the bugs were worked out.
Perhaps I have also been too honest over there. I have not been able to get on the site for several days now.

If the recipe is wrong, I am out a few bucks of flour and a couple of hours of my time. Back on topic.

I will still call a steaming pile a steaming pile so the next guy knows what he is might step in.

The MRS has issues. Eastmans is adopting a bunker mentality where they use Stalinistic tactics of disappearing comments, threads and even forum members. This is not a strategy for business success.

Please entertain us with more "old ladies" attacks and maybe toss in a jibe re the inadequacy to fulfill a woman by anyone who does not share your enlightened view about being strong enough to overcome a crappy product. Is there a two drink minimum to catch your show down at the Holiday Inn?

Gr8, The site was down a cpl days ago, now back up. There are still some lingering problems with pm's and such.

Last edited:
Eastman's, aren't they the company that makes baseball bats?

Anyone that isn't smart enough to research GF websites, make a few phone calls, etc. deserve the data that they rely on others to spoon-feed them.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back