Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

E-scouting questions

Sparky32

I have been e-scouting for an elk hunt in Colorado that I plan on going on in a couple year. I have a couple units that look pretty good with the points that I have built up but one of the units when I'm looking on Google Earth has a few wall tents scattered throughout the unit on some places that I would like to check out. They are in a wilderness area.

So my question is can a guy find out somewhere if those wall tents are an outfitter's? Do you guys avoid those areas? Any insight would be awesome! Thanks

I can't really answer your question, but you should be able to find a directory of the outfitters in the area and the location of their camps should be available. If you're going in a couple of years I would suggest making a trip out before then to get some boots on the ground. Especially if it is a place that you are building points to hunt.

I have enough points to draw the units now so hopefully I can stay ahead of the curve haha we are planning to go mule deer hunting in Colorado next year so maybe I can zip over to the unit and check it out. Thanks for the help

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back