E-Bikes

Not many "average joes" rode professionally for 20 years like Chris Smith.

Fair. I guess my take away was that the ebike gave one enough of an advantage that...

But yeah, acting like Chris Smith isn't a amazing rider is bs.

The uphill sections are where that e-bike really giver a rider a big advantage.

The uphill sections are where that e-bike really giver a rider a big advantage.

For sure. I got to demo a Specialized e-bike in Park City for a weekend. It definitely helped on the uphills, but I absolutely could not keep up with my cousin who has a collegiate national championship on her resume.

For sure. I got to demo a Specialized e-bike in Park City for a weekend. It definitely helped on the uphills, but I absolutely could not keep up with my cousin who has a collegiate national championship on her resume.

Nothing like those kinda family members to make you feel like a fat kid.

Going uphill without pedaling and throwing roostertails of dirt. Non-motorized. Yeah right...

Just reading my REI magazine...

google “California Bicycle Purchase Incentive Pilot Program”

25DD5E05-8F27-4629-BA83-6DB3DD8BE886.jpeg

Like they currently do to make sure everyone has their ORV permits?

At least I can visually check an ORV for a current sticker when it drives past (and report them if it doesn't, and yes, I have done this), but there's no way I will be able to see a wattage rating on an e-bike as they ride by.

If it wasn't obvious, I think motorized bikes/vehicles should have the same rules regardless of the power source.

At least I can visually check an ORV for a current sticker when it drives past (and report them if it doesn't, and yes, I have done this), but there's no way I will be able to see a wattage rating on an e-bike as they ride by.

If it wasn't obvious, I think motorized bikes/vehicles should have the same rules regardless of the power source.

You can't because you don't know much about them. I can definitely tell an ebike with a 750w motor from one with a motor 20 times larger. Even then, require a permit for them. Easy solution. If you happen to read my other comments on ebikes on this site you will know I don't support the DOI order. Nevertheless, fear mongering by posting pictures and videos of bikes that do not fall under the order is inexcusable.

posting pictures and videos of bikes that do not fall under the order is inexcusable.

Perhaps these "inexcusable" posts are evidence that the general public lacks your level of expertise in distinguishing the wattage of bikes and therefore reinforces our shared dislike of the current rules.

Perhaps these "inexcusable" posts are evidence that the general public lacks your level of expertise in distinguishing the wattage of bikes and therefore reinforces our shared dislike of the current rules.

Yes, your ignorance on the issue does reinforce your views. I won't argue that.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back