Caribou Gear

Day 2

TheChiro22

The build up and excitement of the first day of season is always tremendous. I had a question about what people do when they are not able to get out for opening day? How does your plan start to change, when day 2 Or 3 of the season is the first day that you are able to get out into the woods? Are you looking more at public/private land borders? Deeper, more rugged places? Mountain passes?

once those first shots go off, everything changes.

Randy has an old podcast from 2 or 3 years ago that details a 5 day hunt strategy. Episode 30. Hunttalk not elktalk. He goes into detail on his plan for day one vs other days. I listened to it this week.

Randy has an old podcast from 2 or 3 years ago that details a 5 day hunt strategy. Episode 30. Hunttalk not elktalk. He goes into detail on his plan for day one vs other days. I listened to it this week.
Really appreciate that reminder. I know he talks about having a plan A,B,C,D,E.

I’ve got an either sex tag for gmu 6,16,17,161,171 in Colorado and do to unforeseen circumstances we are not able to get out day one. Since I’m new to this area we are trying to figure out where to target, either lower elevation public/private, because elk are hearing gun shots and going low, even though there’s no snow. Orrrrrrr heading up higher because there’s no snow.

Back