MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Custom Dies

JC3

I would like to have some input on Custom Dies. I am needing a set built for my sons rifle. I have a call into RCBS but I'm waiting to hear back from them. Has anyone here had a set made, RCBS or others?

I would like to have some input on Custom Dies. I am needing a set built for my sons rifle. I have a call into RCBS but I'm waiting to hear back from them. Has anyone here had a set made, RCBS or others?
In the late '70s when I had my .30-06 re-chambered to .30 Gibbs I sent 3 fired cases to RCBS and they made a set of custom dies for me.

Reactions: JC3
I am hoping that they can do this for me as well. My son shoots a .270AI and that is what I am wanting to have built. Thanks

I would like to have some input on Custom Dies. I am needing a set built for my sons rifle. I have a call into RCBS but I'm waiting to hear back from them. Has anyone here had a se

Redding will make them. I'm not sure what they need fired case or reamer print.

Whidden makes awesome dies. If not them go with Redding.
Do you know the specs of the reamer used?
My gunsmith has the reamer and also the dies. He built the load for the rifle originally, I am just wanting a set of dies so that we don't have to rely on him for reloading. Maybe if I get time I will swing by and chat with him as well.

My gunsmith has the reamer and also the dies. He built the load for the rifle originally, I am just wanting a set of dies so that we don't have to rely on him for reloading. Maybe if I get time I will swing by and chat with him as well.
Since you already have the rifle and some fired cases it would be easy for whidden or Redding to make you a set of dies
If you talk to your gunsmith ask him if he has resizing reamer. He may be able to make you a die also.

I'd probably go hornady just based on positive things heard about them. Their dies are finished a little nicer than redding inside.

Looks like CH4D already have specs on 270 ackley

Attachments

• 829AB780-A79A-4E25-A48B-05D8D18FE760.png
    829AB780-A79A-4E25-A48B-05D8D18FE760.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
180 degrees the other direction if you want good dies.

Majority of my sizing dies are Redding FL bushing dies and I’d agree the entry level hornady dies are pretty lousy, but I’ve heard good things about the custom dies they make.

Majority of my sizing dies are Redding FL bushing dies and I’d agree the entry level hornady dies are pretty lousy, but I’ve heard good things about the custom dies they make.
Admittedly I don’t have any experience with their customer dies. Their cheap stuff is worse than not having dies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back