Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

CPW ELK and deer 2020 Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission Meeting from the other 5/6/20

• Thread starter Deleted member 40315
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 40315

Thought this was an interesting video for CPW comission meeting. Its a loong meeting but I found the infor around 2:53:00. Stats are interesting if your an elk hunter in Colorado. Big game is also in the meeting as well for those that are interested.

People wanting to archery hunt in CO this year us wayyyyyy up...lol!

Of the short portion I watched, what stood out to me was that the calf/cow ratio Statewide Average is 37 to 100 which according to Andy Holland is the lowest calf/cow ratio that's yet to be recorded. The NW portion of the State has a remarkably better ratio than the SW so I'm really interested as to why that may be. Assuming its not a genetic problem or localised disease of some sort, what factor(s) are affecting the SW herd calf/cow ratio so much differently than the NW herds?

Of the short portion I watched, what stood out to me was that the calf/cow ratio Statewide Average is 37 to 100 which according to Andy Holland is the lowest calf/cow ratio that's yet to be recorded. The NW portion of the State has a remarkably better ratio than the SW so I'm really interested as to why that may be. Assuming its not a genetic problem or localised disease of some sort, what factor(s) are affecting the SW herd calf/cow ratio so much differently than the NW herds?

I'll have to watch the video, but I assume recreation in critical habitat has something to do with it. I'm not sure why the numbers would be so different in the SW than the NW, however. Unless the Roaring Fork and Vail Valleys fall into the SW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back