Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Corona virus impact on hunting begins

PrairieHunter

Just got real in Nebraska for NR hunters.

If you plan on hunting elk this fall call the Colorado DOW and get that OTC tag purchased before they cut you off. Might be the best hunting in CO ever with reduced NR"s and before the wolves take over.

Bite the soap make him look like a dick. I’ll take one of them tags only if you promise me a 400” bull or a 320 either way I’m good.

"State parks, recreation areas and campgrounds remain open at this time, as are a limited number of public restrooms, which are sanitized regularly per Centers for Disease Control and Protection recommendations."

Don't be sitting out there by yourself hunting turkeys, but it's ok to go camping near a bunch of people and use the public restroom...:unsure:

Well, now all my out of state turkey hunting plans look to be gone for the spring of 2020. The Texas hunt I had scheduled for last week was canceled by the land owner and now my May trip to Neb has been shot down. Now I'm just hoping I'll be able to make the hour drive to where I hunt here in NC in 2 weeks.

Technically you are headed to get grocieries

Well, now all my out of state turkey hunting plans look to be gone for the spring of 2020. The Texas hunt I had scheduled for last week was canceled by the land owner and now my May trip to Neb has been shot down. Now I'm just hoping I'll be able to make the hour drive to where I hunt here in NC in 2 weeks.

It's starting to get a little exciting from an elk hunting perspective. What the hell does one do? Put in for a higher point unit than you have points for, because of the real possibility that apps will be down? Put in for a point and benefit from the possibility the leftover lists will be flush with tags? Hunt an OTC unit with the possibility of no non-res travel? Maybe have a better shot at a NM in a truly random draw?

My mind won’t stop spinning.

It's starting to get a little exciting from an elk hunting perspective. What the hell does one do? Put in for a higher point unit than you have points for, because of the real possibility that apps will be down? Put in for a point and benefit from the possibility the leftover lists will be flush with tags? Hunt an OTC unit with the possibility of no non-res travel? Maybe have a better shot at a NM in a truly random draw?

IT is truly the most interesting draw in most people lifetimes as nobody knows what to expect. Will airports and borders be closed around the country making traveling for a hunt really difficult. Will people be so broke that they can't afford to put in for hunts this year so the odds will change drastically. Demand for overpriced landowner tags will certainly drop, same with guided hunts which are likely being cancelled.

This could easily be some of the the best hunting CO residents have seen in decades if there are few or no NR's coming to the state. Other low population states will likely also have it pretty good if things continue.

I agree with you that the strategy should change this year.

Well now another speed bump for my 2020 turkey season has come up. The county I hunt in here in NC is starting a 9 PM to 6 AM curfew tonight until further notice. Youth season starts tomorrow and the regular season starts the next Sat. I live about an hour's drive away from where I hunt. My chances of killing one right off the roost just went way down.

Wow that really stinks. Taking the boy on his first hunt in the morning. We have been talking about going to Nebraska if this stuff kept up. I have not had this much time away from work in forever.

They cancelled the reissue process for turkeys... something to keep in mind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back