Cool Article if You're a Fan

Keep on

I was surprised to read the .30-378 is the most popular Weatherby cartridge. Good write up about the .257
If I didn't go with the 6.5-300 I'm pretty sure I'd have a .257 Roy.

Boarmaster

Years ago during the magnum craze
I bought a 270 wbymag. I always wished I had went with a 257 Instead. I would have gotten a lot more use out of it than the 270wby.

BAKPAKR

I actually recall reading the article when it came out. Despite baiting NHY above, I have always thought I needed a 257 Weatherby. I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up with a fast twist 257 Bee some day.

Doublecluck

Was that the cartridge guys with man buns used prior to the introduction of the 6.5 CM?
In California (maybe Texas now) there’s a guy who runs dogs. Swears by .257 WB, him and his kids got a body count on that cartridge that would rival the top 5 tv hunting hosts combined. If memory serves me he was running a big Tom lion in Nevada maybe, cat killed or messed up one or more of his dogs, the rest chased it in to a cave, like the kind you gotta crawl in, dude went in after and ended it with a handgun. Does that answer the question…

BAKPAKR

In California (maybe Texas now) there’s a guy who runs dogs. Swears by .257 WB, him and his kids got a body count on that cartridge that would rival the top 5 tv hunting hosts combined. If memory serves me he was running a big Tom lion in Nevada maybe, cat killed or messed up one or more of his dogs, the rest chased it in to a cave, like the kind you gotta crawl in, dude went in after and ended it with a handgun. Does that answer the question…
And the man bun didn’t interfere with crawling into the cave after the mt lion?😀

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knjax15