Considering investing in a pair of gaiters, are they worth it?

BAKPAKR

I wear gaiters when I am expecting snow. I also have a low pair that I occasionally use when wearing lower height boots to keep twigs and other debris out.

rtraverdavis

I was about to ask. I can't find gaiters that fit my calves. I'm a bigger dude, so the gaiters I've tried have never fit. Mind you, been amazon purchases....
Like others have said, Kennetrek will be the ticket for you. I have gargantuan calves and they fit great.

JDH

15 3/4 circumference here. I've only used them for a few hours but my Kenetreks stay up just fine.

badlander

I was about to ask. I can't find gaiters that fit my calves. I'm a bigger dude, so the gaiters I've tried have never fit. Mind you, been amazon purchases....
Try the OR Crocs. When I was shopping they were the largest I found and they fit well. My calves are 21” if that helps.

redhub1

Definitely a must have piece of gear. Had a pair of Outdoor Research gaiters that I used for a few seasons. Always did what they are supposed to do. Then I bought a pair of Kenetrek boots and they came with a pair of free gaiters. They are far better than the others and I still keep the old ones around for my kids or a hunting partner that forgets theirs.

manitou1

I can't imagine going without my gaiters when there is snow, water, and muck on the ground. Keeps the boot eyelets and laces clean from mud and debris, keeps the pant legs dry, which essentially keeps the socks dry. As mentioned above, I feel that they also help keep the feet warm in colder conditions.
I don't wear gaitors in hot, dry weather.

Zootownelk

I've been wearing mine for 2 years. I couldn't imagine not wearing them now. I wear them for turkey in the spring, upland hunting in the fall/winter and big game. i have Kenetrek's. They are a little loose on me, but have still worked fine. If buying again, I would get a pair that tightens around leg more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluetix