Conceal Carry Officianados...help

Personally, I am not a fan of the Bersa line. I also don't care much for a 380 but that is the going price on a new one. I would have to put several hundred rounds thru it before I trusted my life with it.

The Bersa Thunder 380 IMO is a cheap gun. I personally would not carry this gun for self protection. My experience with them was nothing but problems with feeding and trigger spring breaking after 60 rounds. I quickly got rid of the gun!

Thanks for the frank replies.

No need for a weapon NHY, I put out the word. You are "protected" in Colorado.

Thanks Dink, guess I'll keep the Texas plates on then.

A wise man once said . . ."Function without form is a dull existence"!!! I figured you for a Dirty Harry type gun NHY. :D

A wise man once said . . ."Function without form is a dull existence"!!! I figured you for a Dirty Harry type gun NHY. :D

You have a good memory Spitz.:D

...the weapon is for my daughter. Looks like it's gonna be a Sig or a Walther....form and function.

Most 380s are ammo sensitive and you need to try a number of brands to make sure the one you choose is absolutely reliable. 380s also need a break in period--a minimum of 250 rounds. Personally I'd go with a small revolver--more reliable.

Have her try the small frame S&W .38 special revolvers. Small grips and we have one that has a concealed hammer for wife's purse gun. Uncomplicated and shoots every time she pulls the trigger.

My brother is a gunsmith who used to work in a Bersa/Beretta/Remington/Weatherby warranty shop, and he would not own a Bersa. I second or third the suggestion for a small revolver, preferably hammerless or with a shrouded hammer.

If you're set on a .380, check out the S&W Bodyguard. Small frame, internal hammer, integrated laser. My girlfriend has only put a 100 or so rounds through it, but no problems and she loves it.

380 is kind of a pee shooter. I suggest you up your caliber a bit and pack a glock...after you finish off the bad guy you have plenty of rounds to keep you occupied in target practice while you wait for the underpaid cops to show up.

I'm with a few others on the 380 round...I carried it as a off duty round for a while, not bad, but better out there...Right now I carry a P239 in the 357Sig round, hot describes it best! :D

No on the Bersa. I have carried a "J" frame S&W everyday for the last 24 years. Retired old faithful and now have a new M&P 340. Kind of expensive but you get what you pay for and god forbid if I need it for real, I know it will work. Peace of mind is priceless:D

I'm with a few others on the 380 round...I carried it as a off duty round for a while, not bad, but better out there...Right now I carry a P239 in the 357Sig round, hot describes it best! :D

Ike, I carry the 229 but just changed from the 35 sig to a 40 barrel...lots more ammo choices in 40 & still have the 'hot' barrel to drop in. virtually a new gun for a couple of hundy bucks.

Going with a 38 wheel for Kacie.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back