Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado unit 35/36/45/361

BradA

Hello everyone,

I drew a Colorado unit 35/36/45/361 third season deer tag and was curious if any other hunt talk members have drawn this tag or even maybe a fourth or second season tag and would be willing to share there experience with me?

Blackcats06

Had 3rd season last year. Lots and lots of people from Utah deer hunting in 36. Most of the people in 35 were elk hunting. Had some weather which helped move them to lower elevations. Be ready to use chains to get anywhere if there is moisture. I didn’t see any hunters in 45 the day I spent in there.

Dsnow9

I have hunted that group of units for 10 or so years. Pm if you have questions. Have hunted second and third season, have a second season this year.

As @Blackcats06 said, if there is any moisture you will need chains or to hunt from a paved road. All the dirt roads in those units turn to grease almost instantly. I have seen many trucks very stuck over the years. Stuck stuck!

T

timmy

Had 3rd season last year. Lots and lots of people from Utah deer hunting in 36. Most of the people in 35 were elk hunting. Had some weather which helped move them to lower elevations. Be ready to use chains to get anywhere if there is moisture. I didn’t see any hunters in 45 the day I spent in there.
Quite impressive the amount of Utah hunters anywhere you go in Colorado.

Stsinclair

Ive also hunted that area since the mid 2000s, took my first bull at 14 or 15 years old in 36. Like others have said it gets pretty crowded during OTC seasons, and I don't remember a year that it didn't snow on us. Feel free to PM me as well with questions, I have an either sex first rifle and a buck third rifle this year. Good luck!

BradA

Ive also hunted that area since the mid 2000s, took my first bull at 14 or 15 years old in 36. Like others have said it gets pretty crowded during OTC seasons, and I don't remember a year that it didn't snow on us. Feel free to PM me as well with questions, I have an either sex first rifle and a buck third rifle this year. Good luck!
Sent a pm

Cmyers210

Hello everyone,

I drew a Colorado unit 35/36/45/361 third season deer tag and was curious if any other hunt talk members have drawn this tag or even maybe a fourth or second season tag and would be willing to share there experience with me?
I drew the same tag this year. I have done some scouting in the area and am going to head up there for a 2nd season OTC elk as well. The roads look like they could get bad, quick.

Dsnow9

I drew the same tag this year. I have done some scouting in the area and am going to head up there for a 2nd season OTC elk as well. The roads look like they could get bad, quick.
They will get bad extremely quick with moisture. If you don’t have 4 chains only take the roads when frozen

BradA

Nice I have done some e scouting and will be out there a couple days early to do some scouting. Maybe we can work together and exchange numbers.

Yeti

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared123