Colorado Unit 11 2nd rifle

Idra Blood

Ill be hunting second rifle, Ide like to chat with anyone who has hunted this unit or anyone who will be hunting it this year (2021). Im curious about the access and roads on the unit. Thanks for all and to all that maybe able to help!

I have that tag. It's up in the air if I am able to go, due to post concussion symptoms causing vertigo. If I make it out I will reach out. I have the DIY Hunting maps and it looks like plenty of access, but no first hand experience.

It's been a bunch of years since I hunted that unit but back then, there was a lot of private land to navigate around. Make sure you take maps or gps apps to keep you in the right places. Best of luck

Last edited:
This is off topic but I am curious why third season is a draw hunt. I can see first seas, since you're getting the first crack at them long range but I would think that by fourth season the number of people out chasing them will drop considerably due to weather alone. Is the reason for fourth season being a draw hunt due to the the fact that most elk by this time have been concentrated in lower elevations and, in theory, are easier to find and hunt or is there another reason?

The access is fair and the roads were in good shape the year i was there(its been 5 or 6 years...), there are some big chunks of public and there is some patchy stuff. If its marked as a country road on ONX it was typically open. LOTS of road hunters, which is actually nice if your not one. The roads turn so slop if it rains, you definitely want to bring a set of chains.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back