PEAX Equipment

Colorado Statewide Bighorn SHeep Tag

Dinkshooter

We’re up and running on our 2015 Colorado Bighorn sheep and Mountain goat raffle sales. Follow the link to purchase tickets. The drawing is April 18, 2015 at our annual banquet.

We also offer raffles for a Colorado Pronghorn tag(great odds), optics and a couple of cool rifles as well. Something for everyone in the family.

Again like last year, buy early and buy often!

http://www.bighornsheep.org/raffle.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Raffle tix, renew memebership, banquet, auction... this is going to get expensive.
When are you gonna get some photos in the 2014 gallery???

I'm thinking about buying some tickets, but if I win, will the Prez promise to tag along with me and our cameras? If not him, how about Colorado's sexiest elk hunter?

In all seriousness, I am not sure if Hunt Talkers realize how much work Oak and Dinkshooter put forth on behalf of wild sheep. If you are so inclined, a donation to the cause would be greatly appreciated. Since they are too humble to ask, I will.

They are making a difference for the future of wild sheep and doing so against some serious political headwinds. Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated.

I want to echo Randy's comments...I was fortunate enough to have both Dink and Oak along for my ram scouting/hunting this past summer and fall. I had an awesome experience and those two guys were a big part of it. Become a member of the RMBS, donate, buy raffle tix, do something for sheep to build up your "karma". Give something up of yourself and it will surprise you how much help not only these guys will provide but the sheep community as a whole really steps up to see someone be successful. I don't normally post a lot, but do want to encourage support of the RMBS and these guys. I can't wait to pay it forward and help the next guy in line....

In all seriousness, I am not sure if Hunt Talkers realize how much work Oak and Dinkshooter put forth on behalf of wild sheep. If you are so inclined, a donation to the cause would be greatly appreciated. Since they are too humble to ask, I will.

They are making a difference for the future of wild sheep and doing so against some serious political headwinds. Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated.

Seriously.... These guys go out of their way to help us and wildlife out. I know that Oak has a family, a job, serves as president of the RMBS, serves on the sportsmans roundtable and who knows what else. These guys spend a lot of time trying to make things better for wildlife and sportsmen, while many people are just content to sit and watch. There are many other people that do the same that go unrecognized. Its not such a bad things to throw a little money or time volunteering to help their cause. They give more than their share... every little bit helps.

I will certainly buy some raffle tickets if for no other reason than to donate to anything sheep! Can one of you fine gents explain how it works if a non resident (such as myself) were to get lucky and win? What else has to be established to make it all happen?

What kind of ram do you think you could find if you had 5 months to look?

RamCollageSmall_zpsbdc4d1b9.jpg

As Dink said, there are other cool raffles if sheep are not your thing.

Mountain goats? How long will the hair be in December?

GoatCollage_zps9aafcac6.jpg

The pronghorn raffle does have great odds. Last year the winner was also drawn as the runner-up.:eek::eek:

The Swarovski optics raffles are limited to 250 tickets. When we sell one raffle out we start a new one. Winner chooses between 10x42 EL Range or ATX/STX 65 spotter.

We have some pretty sweet rifles this year, although my photographer's skills leave something to be desired (no offense to the photog if you read this :eek: ).

Both rifles were built by Kevin Weaver (http://www.weaverrifles.com/). Tickets are limited to 500 for each gun, although we have never sold even 400.

Rifle #1 is our 40th anniversary rifle:

.270 Winchester Short Magnum built on a blueprinted Model 70 action • Pac-nor chrome moly 1-10 twist 3-groove barrel finished at 23"
English walnut stock. 13.5" LOP over red Pachmayr recoil pad • 26 lines per inch Fluer-de-Lis checkering pattern with ribbon
Custom sling studs with center allen head screws • PTG bottom metal and Hawkins grip cap • Hand engraving by Dave London
Laser engraving by Matt Brown at Organized Light • All metal parts Belgium blue • Talley custom rings and bases • Swarovski Z3 3-10x42

rmbs122014005_zps3b7d2b69.jpg

rmbs122014018_zps62fa6acb.jpg

rmbs122014009_zpsc71b843d.jpg

rmbs122014010_zpsdd0ac8ea.jpg

Rifle #2 is a hunter:

7mm Remington Magnum built on a blueprinted Colt Ultra Light action • Sako Extractor and side bolt release, and 15° coned bolt nose
Fluted bolt body. Hawkins custom aluminum bottom metal • Kreiger chrome moly 9T barrel finished at 24", plus Hawkins 5 hole muzzle brake
McMillan Hunters Edge stock painted green with gray and black webbing, 13.5" LOP • Talley custom rings and bases
All metal parts ceramic coated matte black • Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 • Weighs 5lbs 2oz without scope

rmbs111914053_zpsc443559a.jpg

rmbs111914026_zps8602b188.jpg

I will certainly buy some raffle tickets if for no other reason than to donate to anything sheep! Can one of you fine gents explain how it works if a non resident (such as myself) were to get lucky and win? What else has to be established to make it all happen?

Glad you asked. A non-resident only needs to meet the general hunting requirements of the state (age, hunter's ed, etc.). Winner does not pay for the $2,064 sheep license.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back