PEAX Equipment

Colorado OTC Archery Elk - Hunting in a Group vs. Alone & Number of Tags

Sept 10-18 is muzzle loader Deer,Elk,Moose,Bear. You may want to check units and see if same unit you want hunt.
Yes unfortunately that's the only week we could make work with our schedules at home. Not ideal but we're going to give it a whirl.

Everyone tagged and armed is the way
to go. Generally I think it’s best to keep your calling to a minimum in OTC units unless you are in wilderness or at least away from the hordes, or have a particularly receptive bull in a good situation to be worked in. A lot of Colorado OTC success is likely attributed to stealth and positioning. It ain’t exactly private land or LE type of hunting. At least not most of the time.

I would never go on a trip without a tag my buddy did once only got deer tag with deer n elk both in season and he watched 15 elk n 2 bulls for an hour one evening he was deer hunting everyone else was on other side of property

So if both guys have a tag and are hunting together, what are methods used to decide who gets to take the shot if only one shot is available? Alternating days?

There's no way I would go without a license. Sure bet those without the licenses have the shot opportunities. LOL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back