SITKA Gear

Colorado list B tag question

PAGOAT

I looked around for a while and can't find the answer. Are list B cow tags going to use preference points if drawn? I'm thinking of adding one of them to an over the counter bull tag hunt.

jvanhoy

They are both correct. My Dad draws one every other year first choice and uses his one point.

MITCHMO

Ok so not trying to hijack but if you have an A list tag as your first choice and a B list as your second, can you draw both? Not really sure how B list tags work but I know you can have more than one. I’ll read up on it more but hopefully I’m not full crazy.

Jim Anderson

You can get an A and B, or a few other combinations of multiple tags, but not by drawing 1st and second choices in the same draw. You can buy additional tags from the leftovers after the draw is complete.

rmyoung1

Ok so not trying to hijack but if you have an A list tag as your first choice and a B list as your second, can you draw both? Not really sure how B list tags work but I know you can have more than one. I’ll read up on it more but hopefully I’m not full crazy.
No, you can't. Colorado looks at everyone's first choice before looking at anyone's second choice. And you can only acquire one tag per application. So... in your example, if you draw your first choice (the A tag), then you would lose your points and receive the A tag. If you whiff on your first choice, you would accrue a point and potentially draw your second choice (B tag) if there are more of those available after everyone's first choice is considered.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaron Boutz