Chrono + ?

Dougfirtree

I feel a little silly asking this, but if you use a Chronometer that sets up 12-15 feet from your muzzle, the actual muzzle velocity for calculating drop, etc. should be higher than the avg. of your Chrony readings. How many of you add on to your avg. and how much? Seems like 10-15 fps would be about right, but I'm curious how others may or may not do this.

I'm with VikingsGuy on jbm calc. I used to wonder on my Chrony as well so then I piggybacked with a magneto speed and found about 8fps difference with my Oehler at 12ft (closest I could get) on my 338. Then got a LabRadar and confirmed it - within 1fps. They all read surprisingly close - so much so that I will not realize the gains until way outside of hunting distances. If I had to choose just one to keep, I'd keep the magnetospeed due to its size, ease of use and small footprint. Love my LabRadar though, for a long day at the range it's my go-to and doesnt need a bayonet strapped onto the barrel (which accounts for very little POI shift in my case). Others have had trouble with POI shift using the bayo style, I've just been fortunate in the case of my rifles.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyaddof
Back