Caribou Gear

Cerakote on the cheap!

Missourian

I have a Bergara B-14 Ridge. Used it once and has some rust on bolt. Want to get it cerakote but it’s looking like it will cost what I bought gun for. Any recommendations. Want it like this.
1605906740700.jpg
and looks like this.
1605906988650.jpeg

Never had the scope and rings done but locally it’s about $200 for barrel/action and another $100 if you want the stock dipped. Just dropped off a vanguard yesterday. There are some diy options out there and some guys here that know what they’re doing but that’s a nice rifle and I tend to lean toward something professional if it’s a gun you want to keep.

The key to cerakote is all in the prep work. If you just want all the metal coated it should be around $200 like stated above. I believe cerakote has a list of people who have been certified on their website. I’d look to see if anyone is near you and use them. If done incorrectly it will wear off easily and then your gonna have a mess or spend more money to fix it.

Never had the scope and rings done but locally it’s about $200 for barrel/action and another $100 if you want the stock dipped. Just dropped off a vanguard yesterday. There are some diy options out there and some guys here that know what they’re doing but that’s a nice rifle and I tend to lean toward something professional if it’s a gun you want to keep.
Yeah I was kinda going off this.And looking like 6-700$
1605907984222.jpeg

Yeah I was kinda going off this.And looking like 6-700$
View attachment 163016
Cerakote prices seem like what you would normally run in to, seems way high for a hydro dip camo. The stock you have is already gonna be resistant, so the camo is purely cosmetic and can always be done later.

Never had any reason to cerakote a scope, they come with a pretty good finish. Also, if you ever wanted to upgrade optics later you’re pretty much stuck with the scope you cerakoted unless you happen to come across somebody with that same color rifle.

Cerakote prices seem like what you would normally run in to, seems way high for a hydro dip camo. The stock you have is already gonna be resistant, so the camo is purely cosmetic and can always be done later.

Never had any reason to cerakote a scope, they come with a pretty good finish. Also, if you ever wanted to upgrade optics later you’re pretty much stuck with the scope you cerakoted unless you happen to come across somebody with that same color rifle.
Yeah. May just get a good cleaning. The camo pattern looked pretty cool.

That stock in your picture looks to be dipped in Sitka sub alpine. Normally it’s about $150 to have a stock dipped from most good companies. Checkout Utah hyrdographics for a lot of patterns. I wouldn’t cerakote the scope either. So for about $350 you should be able to have your rifle look close to your picture.

You could always try Duracoat.
Clean & degrease the metal.
Spray on & let dry.
Being you want to do the bolt, i'd go light.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back