Caribou Gear Tarp

Century Arms Canik TP9SF

mtmuley

Anybody have one of these or handled one? Price is interesting. I have so much range pickup 9mm brass, I am considering a pistol to use it in. This one would fit the bill for a fun plinker and truck gun. mtmuley

Must be too new to be in gunstores. Kinda like the polymer construction for the cost. mtmuley

Friend of mine was talking these up to me yesterday.....saying he thinks it's a great gun. I'm curious enough to want to test one out. Spec'd materials and components seem pretty nice.

The original Canik TP9 is a great pistol!
Then they started messing with it. Lost the contract with the Turkish military, and have been somewhat downhill since.
I tried the SF, didn't like it.
If you can find a used TP9, (good luck) jump on it!

I've only heard good things about the Caniks. The only negatives I've heard were on the originals that had a slide mounted decocker, and that it's made in Turkey, whose allegiance's are at times, "suspect." They know what they're doing when it comes to making guns, no doubt. The only reason I don't have one is that I already have several Glocks, so it would be superfluous.

Anybody have one of these or handled one? Price is interesting. I have so much range pickup 9mm brass, I am considering a pistol to use it in. This one would fit the bill for a fun plinker and truck gun. mtmuley

...yep.

444Shooter,
You can''t compare the trigger on a Canik to a Glock.
Canik is much nicer!
You'd spend almost as much on a Glock trigger as buying a Canik.

Don't get me wrong, Glock is good in it's own right. Kinda like a hammer, works every time.

i've heard good things about Canik firearms, enough to make me interested in possibly buying one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back