Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Cartridge question

Would you guys recommend the Nosler accubond or the E-tip for hunting deer and moose. In 270 wsm

I had very good luck w a 150gr Nosler Partition out of my 270WSM for moose. YOur 2 options should be fine as well, but I would probably pick the accubond.

So far e-tips have preformed well for me on a mule deer and black bear. I think for moose especially the E-tip would be a better choice.

Full disclosure part of my switch to E-tips was because I wanted to move away from lead ammo. If I was going to be hunting moose, and wanted a lead core bullet I would use a Swift-Aframe.

I had very good luck w a 150gr Nosler Partition out of my 270WSM for moose. YOur 2 options should be fine as well, but I would probably pick the accubond.
[/QUOTE
i would be quick to say I want to use the Accubond but when it comes to weight retention the e-tip will beat the Accubond all day. But I do agree with you saying both will work

I have used both in my 270Win (ended up using the 140 partition due to availability at the time). Either would be good. The 130 grain Etip will be moving pretty fast out of that 270WSM which will make quick work of just about any animal. Too bad they don't make a 140 E-tip in .277 because that would shine in the WSM.

So far e-tips have preformed well for me on a mule deer and black bear. I think for moose especially the E-tip would be a better choice.

Full disclosure part of my switch to E-tips was because I wanted to move away from lead ammo. If I was going to be hunting moose, and wanted a lead core bullet I would use a Swift-Aframe.
I agree the e-tip is way better at retaining weight and the idea of using non-lead is a good one to me

I have used both in my 270Win (ended up using the 140 partition due to availability at the time). Either would be good. The 130 grain Etip will be moving pretty fast out of that 270WSM which will make quick work of just about any animal. Too bad they don't make a 140 E-tip in .277 because that would shine in the WSM.
If the OP's rifle has a fast enough twist rate hammer 168 grain copper bullet.

I have had a ton of luck with Etips in my 7mm08 and 300WSM. There are alternatives to E-tips that I've started to explore such as Hammer Bullets, Cutting Edge, and Badland Precision. I have personal experience shooting the Hammer bullets and they are very easy to load and to get to shoot...almost boring. I'm hoping to give them a try on antelope in about 10 days

If you are making the switch, do it to Etips.

Non-lead is better for you, for scavengers. I have zero complaints about them.

I wouldn't worry about using either one. They're both real good bullets. My preference would be the Accubond, but that's mainly because I can just about always get them to group well. Also the 1800 fps threshold on the E-Tip bugs me a little, but I'm probably over thinking it.

Everyone has their favorite, but have you looked at the Federal Trophy Bonded Tip. That's a cool design and my .308 and 7mm-08 both shoot it well. So far the only animal I've shot with them was a medium sized black bear last spring, 250yds from my .308 and the bullet performed flawlessly.

Everyone has their favorite, but have you looked at the Federal Trophy Bonded Tip. That's a cool design and my .308 and 7mm-08 both shoot it well. So far the only animal I've shot with them was a medium sized black bear last spring, 250yds from my .308 and the bullet performed flawlessly.
Will keep in mind. Not really sure what ammo to try. So many kinds

I use these as well in my .300 Win, results are impressive on paper and critters.

Would you guys recommend the Nosler accubond or the E-tip for hunting deer and moose. In 270 wsm

Edward, my suggestions would be the Barnes TTSX, we’ve used Barnes Bullets exclusively since the mid-‘90’s. While we are very satisfied with Barnes, if I were just staring out....I would look seriously at Hammer Bullets. I’ve heard nothing but great reviews on the Hammer Bullets! memtb

Various Barnes, e-tips, Accubond, Partition.....Just find one that shoots well and go kill stuff. Don't overthink this. They are all quality bullets.

Both are fantastic, but I have found the E-tips to be a bit finicky in my rifle, and Accubonds work well in my 270.

Happy to come back and report that the 150gr Nosler Partition out of my 270WSM performed flawlessly for the 2nd time on moose. 1 shot at 225yds dropped him stone dead in his tracks. Bullet went in through onside shoulder and lodged in the ridge of the scapula on the off-side. I saved the scapula w the bullet lodged in it. I will clean it up over the winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back