Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Can Private parties send loaded ammo via UPS

Mustangs Rule

A friend wants to send me loaded ammo via UPS. I look at the regs and one moment it says I can, then the next pulls out the rug.

Anybody have solid experience with this issue.

Thank you

MR

I've shipped ammo via UPS. You can't go to one of the regular shipping stores and you'll have to go to a hub (which I think they call a Customer Center?). It may take a little to figure out because most of the people who work there don't deal with the issue very often and they'll just tell you it isn't possible. Good luck, I've only done it once and had to call at least a half a dozen people to get it sorted.

Yes. You CANNOT from a UPS store. It has to be a hub center. Put an ordnance marking on the box and you can ship it.

I shipped a few boxes recently at an UPS store without any issue. They were fully aware that it was ammo.

Yes. I went to a UPS store and they gave me all manner of hassle and even told me that if I was at the right place that my box was all wrong and I needed all sorts of paper work. When I went to the customer center(very inconvenient location) they told me that my box was fine, nothing else was needed, and that the customer center people didn’t know what they were talking about. It was very smooth and simple. Basically if you just draw a black diamond on the box you’re good to go.

Check state regs first. There is probably issues if you are trying to ship to/from California, Illinois (mainly Chicago), etc.

The UPS store around here flipped out when I said I had a gun stock to send. Literally just a piece of wood. Folks at the hub laughed it off and got me sorted no problem.

Yeah, you can ship ammo and such too. They do keep weird hours though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back