California X9A Bear Hunt

CamoCowboy84

Hey everyone! Was wondering if anyone knew of a good starting point for bear in the Mammoth area? I know they are out there, saw 2 last year just cant remember where on the back roads it was... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Glad to see all the CA interest this year. Wish I could help with your area. Be persistent!

Hey everyone! Was wondering if anyone knew of a good starting point for bear in the Mammoth area? I know they are out there, saw 2 last year just cant remember where on the back roads it was... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Find pinyon if you can, that should be a key food source for them right now. Not sure how much is in the mammoth area, but have found some just north of there.

North of Mammoth there's great bear hunting! I wont be out there till late October most likely. Thanks for the advice! That's points me in the right direction for sure!

Find the biggest dumpster in town and hide behind it. Also, had one sniff my toes when I was sleeping under my truck in the parking lot of the Forest Service office about 12 years ago, could start there too...

Welcome to HT!

Back