Cabelas VLR II vs Leupold RX 750 TBR

Amand

I am looking at picking up a rangefinder and have the opportunity to pick up either the Cabelas VLR II or the Leupold RX 750 TBR for about the same price ~150-175 respectively.

I was just curious if anyone had any opinions on either of these or if there are any other models I should look at.

Thanks,
Casey

I picked up the Leupold RX750 TBR last year after I lost my Bushnell Scout in 8" of snow walking from my treestand. I am exclusively a bowhunter right now, btw. It is definitely a huge step up from the older Bushnell. Great optics and easy single handed use. I find the menu very intuitive to use and well laid out ... at least for me. I don't have any experience with the Cabelas rangefinder, but would not hesitate again to pick up the Leupold.

Casey, one thing to think about is wether you are using it for archery. The Leupold model you have listed has that feature. I bought a Nikon Pro staff 550 range finder about 9 months ago and it worked great for me during rifle hunting. However, I wish I had spent the extra little bit of money and got Nikon's advanced Incline/Decline (ID) technology or some sort of equivalent since I am out more during archery season. If you can get the True Ballistic Range or the Incline/Decline (ID) technology you might be happier even if you have to spent that extra little bit of money. I hope this helps a little. Good luck.

I just got Cabela's sale catalog and the Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC that I have has a rebate and price is $249.99 after rebate. I like my rangefinder.

Back